Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: What has Nidia Lopez accomplished in Ward C?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
...Are you now saying Mayor - Elect Fulop has changed his mind and he no longer supports her?

Jersey City City Councilman at large Peter Brennan is bowing out of the June 11 runoff election.
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
updated May 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

...the mayor-elect said his No. 1 priority between now and June 11 is getting his allies on the nine-member council.

?We?re not going to leave anybody behind,? Fulop said.

link

Posted on: 2013/5/20 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
My fascination with Lopez has moved on past the residency scandal. That scandal was certainly unfortunate but I think it makes more sense to bring the discussion to the present and what is going on here and now. Im more interested in the mystery of how she got so many votes without ever engaging with the public on any level, she had an invisible campaign in which I never saw a single poster with her name on it, I never heard any talking points about her intentions and she failed to show up for the one debate she was asked to attend. The only time she popped up in the news was when she denounced Healy for mentioning hispanic women durring the "front porch scandal". its the only time I have seen her quoted in years. If she had any other sort of public presence during the campaign I missed it. This invisibility is nothing new since during her entire political career I have never heard her speak, I have never been made aware of what she does or intends to do and I have never seen her. Yet seamingly without effort she got 1481 votes against Boggiano's 1686 votes, which is amazing since Boggiano has been working hard at engaging with the community on every level and running a highly visible campaign. I have to assume that Lopez got all those votes either because I have no idea how things are done in ward C OR its due to being on the Fulop ticket. If Team Fulop supports Lopez (and why would they switch gears now?) they should have no trouble explaining to those of us in Ward C why they believe Lopez deserves another term. They could start (and this is what I have been asking for all along) by simply outlining what Lopez has done for the community thus far AND explain her concrete goals for the future. If Team Fulop supported Lopez than surely they had good reason to and will be able to explain why they backed her and why shes good for Ward C. I'm keeping an open mind and I'm even prepared to vote for Lopez IF someone can demonstrate why I should. Why I even need to ask for this sort of information strikes me as odd.

City council members basically do two things, legislate (enact laws) and work to resolve constituent's problems. I'm not a resident of Ward C and have no first hand experience in dealing with Ms. Lopez. I do know that after she became a drag on the Administration, Ms. Lopez aligned herself with Fulop at a time when the Fulop council people were in the minority. She also appeared to hedge her bets and had an alliance with Viola Richardson. IMHO she voted independently, and certainly more often than not, opposed the administration stalwarts - Gaughan, Brennan & Sottolano. Surely she deserves some credit for her voting record. It would be useful if ward C residents or others that needed her help with constituent issues could weigh in.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I hope Nidia is at the debate on Friday May 31st 7pm in the St. Anne's auditorium located on Congress St. between Kennedy Blvd. and Nelson Ave. up in the Heights. I want to see Rich crush her. By the way it is going to be a Ward C and Ward D combined debate.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 13:02
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
My fascination with Lopez has moved on past the residency scandal. That scandal was certainly unfortunate but I think it makes more sense to bring the discussion to the present and what is going on here and now. Im more interested in the mystery of how she got so many votes without ever engaging with the public on any level, she had an invisible campaign in which I never saw a single poster with her name on it, I never heard any talking points about her intentions and she failed to show up for the one debate she was asked to attend. The only time she popped up in the news was when she denounced Healy for mentioning hispanic women durring the "front porch scandal". its the only time I have seen her quoted in years. If she had any other sort of public presence during the campaign I missed it. This invisibility is nothing new since during her entire political career I have never heard her speak, I have never been made aware of what she does or intends to do and I have never seen her. Yet seamingly without effort she got 1481 votes against Boggiano's 1686 votes, which is amazing since Boggiano has been working hard at engaging with the community on every level and running a highly visible campaign. I have to assume that Lopez got all those votes either because I have no idea how things are done in ward C OR its due to being on the Fulop ticket. If Team Fulop supports Lopez (and why would they switch gears now?) they should have no trouble explaining to those of us in Ward C why they believe Lopez deserves another term. They could start (and this is what I have been asking for all along) by simply outlining what Lopez has done for the community thus far AND explain her concrete goals for the future. If Team Fulop supported Lopez than surely they had good reason to and will be able to explain why they backed her and why shes good for Ward C. I'm keeping an open mind and I'm even prepared to vote for Lopez IF someone can demonstrate why I should. Why I even need to ask for this sort of information strikes me as odd.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 12:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I don't think that at all. Steven Fulop was on Council the same time Nida Lopez was involved in the lawsuit brought on by another Ward C candidate.

If the residency lawsuit was an issue, she would have NOT been on his ticket. Steven ran this campaign like a well oiled machine from start to finish and aligning himself with a candidate that would harm his election would not be an option.

Fixed

Posted on: 2013/5/20 4:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
So for the last few months the majority of those posting on this thread were all over other threads and supporting "Team Fulop, Councilwoman Nidia Lopez was and is part of "Team Fulop. Are you now saying Mayor - Elect Fulop has changed his mind and he no longer supports her?

So you think that Fulop snapped his fingers and ordered his army of jclist net scribblers to support Rich? Not one of your most intelligent posts, r pinkowitz.

I don't think that at all. Steven Fulop was on Council the same time Nida Lopez was involved in the lawsuit brought on by another Ward C candidate.

If the residency lawsuit was an issue, I doubt she would have been on his ticket.

In this past election, it wasn't, and in any case, I don't live in Ward C, nor do I really know anyone living there, so I can't do anything about it anyway. I just don't agree with the court decision, but the court made its decision and she has every right to run. If voters in Ward C elect her in the runoff, so be it, but I would like to see her lose, for the reasons I previously mentioned. Whether Boggiano can do a better job than her, I don't know, but his residency has never been in question.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
So for the last few months the majority of those posting on this thread were all over other threads and supporting "Team Fulop, Councilwoman Nidia Lopez was and is part of "Team Fulop. Are you now saying Mayor - Elect Fulop has changed his mind and he no longer supports her?

So you think that Fulop snapped his fingers and ordered his army of jclist net scribblers to support Rich? Not one of your most intelligent posts, r pinkowitz.

If the residency lawsuit was an issue, she would have been on his ticket. Steven ran this campaign like a well oiled machine from start to finish and aligning himself with a candidate that would harm his election would not be an option.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 3:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

Posted on: 2013/5/20 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

I don't know about Fulop's position on her at this point. Myself, I was only concerned with voting for Fulop for Mayor; my choices for at-large city council and my own ward I considered separately, not as part of any "team". I also don't live in Ward C either, so I couldn't have voted for or against her. While I supported Fulop as a mayoral candidate and am glad he won, I certainly don't agree with him on everything, just like any other politician.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/20 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
The power of the HCDO extends into the court room. That is how Lopez got away with it.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Soon Nidia can go back to Florida. She will have no reason to be in Jersey City.

+1 on that! Didn't she have a Florida driver's license right up until she first got elected, only to change to a New Jersey license so she could drive a city-owned car? Crappy.

Also, she also claimed her property in Orlando, Florida was her primary residence so she could get a break on the property taxes there too, readily admitted that she hadn't paid any New Jersey income taxes in at least three years before the election, filed her federal return with a Florida address AND was registered to vote in both Jersey City and Orlando. You can't have it both ways Nidia. Go back to the Sunshine State. You seem to love it there more anyway. Perhaps the Orlando city council will take you.

To any of her supporters, I don't care if this is all old news. It still stands as fact and I don't see how she deserves to represent Jersey City in any way. I pointed much of this all out at a city council meeting a couple years ago, and boy did she glare at me. You only have yourself to blame Nidia.

If she was driving a Florida registered and insured vehicle yet claimed to live in Jersey City, isn't that insurance fraud?

Might be, but of course Jersey City politicians have gotten away with a lot more before. Even if it is, we're probably past the statute of limitations anyway. She certainly was no idiot and has adapted to the game of Hudson County politics very well.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 19:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Soon Nidia can go back to Florida. She will have no reason to be in Jersey City.

+1 on that! Didn't she have a Florida driver's license right up until she first got elected, only to change to a New Jersey license so she could drive a city-owned car? Crappy.

Also, she also claimed her property in Orlando, Florida was her primary residence so she could get a break on the property taxes there too, readily admitted that she hadn't paid any New Jersey income taxes in at least three years before the election, filed her federal return with a Florida address AND was registered to vote in both Jersey City and Orlando. You can't have it both ways Nidia. Go back to the Sunshine State. You seem to love it there more anyway. Perhaps the Orlando city council will take you.

To any of her supporters, I don't care if this is all old news. It still stands as fact and I don't see how she deserves to represent Jersey City in any way. I pointed much of this all out at a city council meeting a couple years ago, and boy did she glare at me. You only have yourself to blame Nidia.

If she was driving a Florida registered and insured vehicle yet claimed to live in Jersey City, isn't that insurance fraud?

Posted on: 2013/5/19 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2013/5/19 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
nidialopez.com is registered to a Dr. Mike Abrams of Clifton, NJ.

https://plus.google.com/115251425420223984615/about

I wonder what his connection is.

I found this:

http://ccs.dogpile.com/ClickHandler.a ... 9FD5B917A715FA79BCA5C5AAA

Dr. Mike Abrams , , , Psychologist PhD MBA ABPP

Resized Image

A humanistic approach accepting all people without judgments or condescension is essential for psychotherapy. This is my prime theme. I apply it while helping people find new ways to approach life with a minimum of fear, conflict, and inner turmoil. I studied Cognitive Behavior Therapy under its founder, Dr. Albert Ellis, with whom I have written three books that includes co-authoring his definitive textbook on Personality Theory. This work will help other therapists better understand our human condition. I am board certified by the American Board of Professional Psychology.

Over the past 25 years I have had satisfactory results helping people minimize the conflicts of living. My primary goal is help others find new ways to view the painful aspects of their lives. I sharpen my approach with college teaching, research, and authoring professional books.

I am on the graduate psychology faculty of New York University. In addition, I am completing my 4th psychology book, a text on sexuality. To see one of my About.com videos go to: To see me in one of my educational videos go to About.com and search for Dr. Mike Abrams.

Specialties

Depression
Anxiety or Fears
Sex Therapy

Issues:

Domestic Abuse
Chronic Pain or Illness
Life Coaching
Eating Disorders
Relationship Issues
Loss or Grief
Sexual Addiction
Sexual Abuse

Mental Health:

Bipolar Disorder
Personality Disorders

Sexuality Gender:

Bisexual Issues
Gay Issues
Lesbian Issues
Transsexual Issues

Client Focus

Gender: All Alternative Languages: Hungarian, Other, Romanian Religious Orientation: Any

Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19) Adults
Elders (65+)

Categories:

Bisexual Clients
Cancer
Gay Clients
HIV / AIDS Clients
Heterosexual Clients
Lesbian Clients
Transsexual Clients

Treatment Approach

Treatment Orientation:

Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
Humanistic
Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
Rational Emotive
Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)

Modality:

Couples
Individuals

Posted on: 2013/5/19 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Its going to be too easy to take shots at Lopez although I'm pretty sure she will deserve some of them. But at the same time I hope that people will find an opportunity here to have an actual discussion about the issues. I hope Mrs. Lopez will take the time to inform us what her platform is and lay out some substantive goals- its what I hope any candidate would do. If we keep the level of discourse at a higher level there could be no reason for Mrs. Lopez not to use this opportunity to communicate with her electorate and tell us what she has in mind for us. Or failing that maybe someone else could point us in the direction of where Mrs. Lopez has made substantive information about her candidacy available to the public?

Posted on: 2013/5/19 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
nidialopez.com is registered to a Dr. Mike Abrams of Clifton, NJ.

https://plus.google.com/115251425420223984615/about

I wonder what his connection is.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
That residency thing was amazing and really part of the reason why JC government was so dysfunctional... I hope that the voters in the other wards look closely at these incumbents and consider alternates like Yun and Boggiano... remember that is how Fulop got started.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/19 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
no pas? nada

Posted on: 2013/5/19 13:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
When the Florida thing came out, she was protected by Healy. It was plain she claimed Florida residency, but Judge ruled she could retain her seat.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 12:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

I have been very curious about Mrs Lopez's record as Councilperson in Ward C. I did a google search and there isn't much. She has a wikipedia page and there is a bio for her on the Fulop website. Here is the only text from the Fulop site that has anything to say about Lopez's record:....:"Nidia has been actively involved in the community, serving on several boards and committees and working with various associations. Before and after becoming a Councilwoman, she has been an outspoken advocate for women?s issues, the homeless and expanded youth recreation in Ward C. ".... which is rather thin on details. Her wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nidia_Rivera_Lopez gives a bio and notes that her husband was once a councilperson and that Lopez got elected on the Healy ticket so I wonder what caused her to shift over to Fulop for the last election? It also mentions the scandal Nidia had to endure when her status as a Jersey City tax paying citizen was called into question. I would love to hear the bottom line on that scandal since my recollection was that she was not paying taxes in Jersey City and registered in Florida? I could be wrong about that though and I hope someone will write in and provide the facts. Nidia lopez has her own web presence at http://www.nidialopez.com/ but on examination it looks like its a Fulop website. You would expect that on a website called nidialopez.com you would be able to learn more about her track record and her intentions for the future of her stewardship of the Ward, but there is only fluff ( poorly proof read fluff) and the odd admission that "I may not be able to do everything, but I can do something" which to me sounds like a poor choice of a slogan and in my opinion does not inspire confidence. I'm glad though that this topic is here for people to weigh in on and I look forward to reading what people have to say.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 12:14

What has Nidia Lopez accomplished in Ward C?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Here would be the thread to list her achievements. Any Nidia Lopez sightings would be helpful as well.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 9:05

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017