Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Man was badly beaten by two men in their late 20s wearing baggy clothing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
I have seen it twice over the last few years, once while stopped at a light on Summit and Congress, and another time while visiting a friend who lived on Central Ave. While sitting on the steps outside her house we saw a transaction across the street in front of Washington Park. She mentioned she had seen this happen a few times and after she called the police, they were already gone.

Quote:

floridagunner wrote:
Quote:

e.

There's drugs being sold in the open on Central and Summit Avenue ?!!!

I must say this news to me. When and where exactly did you see this happen?

Posted on: 2010/4/18 4:55

Re: Heights: Man was badly beaten by two men in their late 20s wearing baggy clothing
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/7 6:06
Group:
Registered Users
Walked by somebody today on central smoking a joint. a cop was less than a block a away.. not the first time have seen it.

Posted on: 2010/4/18 0:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/27 15:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JRL wrote:
What else is new in Gaughan's ward....crime, drugs being sold right out on main streets of Central Ave, Summit Ave, Palisade Ave...The heights that was once one of the best places to live in JC is now filthy and crime ridden.

In you 16+ years Bill Gaughan your doing a hell of job....but then again you are no where to be found, can't email you, since you don't use email, can't call you since your phone just rings and has no voice mail.

You have bled Jersey City with you 3 jobs, two of them pretty much being no show jobs and then your Councilman position in which you are ineffective. In addition your family members their jobs also bleeding Jersey City.

How are those county and city cars you and family enjoy at the tax payers expense. Do they ride well on your drive down to Spring Lake?
Are you going to have the city or county workers trimming your trees again this year.

Councilman Gaughan you are suppose to work for the people of Jersey City, not take advantage.

There's drugs being sold in the open on Central and Summit Avenue ?!!!

I must say this news to me. When and where exactly did you see this happen?

Posted on: 2010/4/17 23:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/25 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
Gaughan was, at the very least, incredibly irresponsible.

I was present at the City Council meeting on Wed.
Gerald McCann made statements before the council that the elections would be canceled. This was HIS OPINION.
The next day he called for a last minute court hearing at which the board of electors testified that each candidate had been notified of a mistake on the ballot and all had agreed the election would go on as planned. Gerald decided to ask for a hearing. The Judge decided he had no cause to stop the election, etc.
GAUGHAN's responsibility is to KNOW THE OUTCOME OF SUCH A RELEVANT ISSUE!
He either intentionally spread false information or did it out of neglect. Either scenario indicates he is not qualified for his position. HE IS USELESS and I think we should all make an issue of this.

Regarding the gang issue, graffiti and the lack of response upon calling the police:
PLEASE TAKE THE CALL TO ANOTHER LEVEL:
Not to make a pest of yourself, but you must ask to speak to the captain's desk or to a higher authority. I don't have names at this moment, but it is worth it to get names of supervisors, etc.
The CAPTAIN wants information. He said to call the police immediately. The police will look at the tag and get the city to remove it. If the desk tells you there's nothing they will do--tell him/her you were told to call it in. Get their name and ask to speak to a supervisor.
The police can not continue to tell us that crime is not their purview.
The gangs mentioned at the meeting were Latin Kings, Crypts, Bloods. The police said that the Heights is not the most active gang territory in Jersey City, just that we have an unusual mix of different gangs, as opposed to having one gang and that they want to stop it from getting out of hand (as do we all).

Posted on: 2010/4/17 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

betterIN_JC wrote:
If Gaughan represents that there is a canceled election, I am curious if he was trying to discourage people from going out to vote.

As far as the tagging and the police, we tried calling. they said they had not seen any and that it wasnt their problem. We should call the graffiti removal service (who never responded to my calls).

Getting tired of all of this.. 2 words.. Beat Cops...

What are the names of the gangs being tagged on the walls?

Posted on: 2010/4/17 16:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If Gaughan represents that there is a canceled election, I am curious if he was trying to discourage people from going out to vote.

As far as the tagging and the police, we tried calling. they said they had not seen any and that it wasnt their problem. We should call the graffiti removal service (who never responded to my calls).

Getting tired of all of this.. 2 words.. Beat Cops...

Posted on: 2010/4/17 14:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/25 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
I was also at the Civic JC Leadership Forum. I think we should support a city-wide, all inclusive commission on crime prevention. And I think we should use the recent murders to say together as a city "enough is enough."

I also attended the Riverview meeting. I see a pattern in the increase in robberies and jumpings, like the one described in this thread, but I don't think the officer present agreed with me...
I attended the Heights Hope Neighborhood Association meeting (7 PM on the third Thursday of every month/ P.S.# 28/Christa Mcauliffe School). This meeting is considered the North District Captain's meeting. Three members of the force were present.
I reported crime activity on my block and was given a serious response. The Captain discussed the increase in gang presence and activity --said three recent shootings in the Heights were gang related. He seemed very serious about wanting graffiti tags reported and said residents should not hesitate to report it when we see it.
He did not mince words. The Heights does have a mix of different gangs living in close proximity. Recent closing of housing projects in other JC neighborhoods has made the abundant multi-family houses in the Heights very attractive.

BTW: Gaughan was actually a "guest" at this meeting. I don't know how often he appears.
He was useless. He falsely stated that the school board elections would no doubt be canceled due to the misprint on the ballet despite the fact that earlier that day a court hearing determined the election would go on as scheduled. He needs to be replaced.
Please attend these meetings and ask questions of the representatives of the JC Police. We really do need to participate and work together if we want to improve things (or prevent the Heights from falling further).

Posted on: 2010/4/17 1:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

The attackers were described as being in their late 20s and wearing baggy clothing, reports said.

this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know why exactly the JJ is so loathe to mention a suspect's race? what journalism handbook is keeping them from writing "late 20s, hispanic..." or "late 20s, caucasian..."? I mean, seriously. If they're not going to give a complete description, why give any description at all?

it's the elephant in the room of every one of their crime stories, and it needs to be addressed.

in the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for any young adults wearing baggy clothing.

You need only to look at the paper the story was published on to understand why....

Posted on: 2010/4/16 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The attackers were described as being in their late 20s and wearing baggy clothing, reports said.

this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know why exactly the JJ is so loathe to mention a suspect's race? what journalism handbook is keeping them from writing "late 20s, hispanic..." or "late 20s, caucasian..."? I mean, seriously. If they're not going to give a complete description, why give any description at all?

it's the elephant in the room of every one of their crime stories, and it needs to be addressed.

in the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for any young adults wearing baggy clothing.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 19:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Its called being part of the machine and until these bozo's get elected out of office, its going to be bussiness as usual here in good ole JC.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 18:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/6 17:44
Group:
Banned
Who is Gaughn's "base"? He clearly has support, as he gets re-elected, and I am curious who they are and what their 'issues' are. As residents and VOTERS we need also to make sure our issues get heard along with his base's.

I was at the CivicJC/Citizen's Campaign workshop last weekend about getting elected to city boards and commissions. Several people were interested in having the Council enable a new board - a citizen's commission on crime. The type of thing a politician would love be seen as being associated with.

better_IN_JC - I was at the Riverview Neighborhood Association's meeting on Monday, and the north district precinct was represented by an JCPD Officer. They are aware of the increase in tagging, and are investigating it. He indicated a lot comes from youth who are seeking to affiliate themselves with gangs, as opposed to actual entrenched gangs - when they actually apprehend one of the perps (usually a juvenile) they find their parents are not involved or effective parents, also engaged in illegal activity. He suggests reporting tags to the JCPD precinct, they can direct the tags be painted over, but more importantly are tracking this information.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 17:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was hoping for it to be a targeted hit, but apparently not. From what I understand the cops were there soon after and collecting evidence. I have tried to reach our councilman too, but he has never answered. Also there has been a lot of gang tagging around the heights. When I called the police about it, they said they never see it. I pointed out that it is on at least a dozen structures in the particular area. Some fine police work there lou..

Posted on: 2010/4/16 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
What else is new in Gaughan's ward....crime, drugs being sold right out on main streets of Central Ave, Summit Ave, Palisade Ave...The heights that was once one of the best places to live in JC is now filthy and crime ridden.

In you 16+ years Bill Gaughan your doing a hell of job....but then again you are no where to be found, can't email you, since you don't use email, can't call you since your phone just rings and has no voice mail.

You have bled Jersey City with you 3 jobs, two of them pretty much being no show jobs and then your Councilman position in which you are ineffective. In addition your family members their jobs also bleeding Jersey City.

How are those county and city cars you and family enjoy at the tax payers expense. Do they ride well on your drive down to Spring Lake?
Are you going to have the city or county workers trimming your trees again this year.

Councilman Gaughan you are suppose to work for the people of Jersey City, not take advantage.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 14:17

Heights: Man was badly beaten by two men in their late 20s wearing baggy clothing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Cops: Jersey City man was badly beaten by two men in the Heights By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal April 15, 2010, 6:00AM A Jersey City man was badly beaten when he was attacked by two men in the Jersey City Heights in the early morning hours Tuesday, officials said. When police responded to South Street and New York Avenue at 12:33 a.m. they found the 30-year-old New York Avenue man bleeding from the nose and from a 2-inch cut on his forehead, reports said, adding that his nose, eyes and forehead were swollen. The victim said the men attacked him for no reason, kicking and punching him in the head and face, reports said. A witness told police the men fled in a 4-door, black vehicle. The attackers were described as being in their late 20s and wearing baggy clothing, reports said. The victim was taken to Christ Hospital for treatment. Anyone with information on the assault is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 0:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017