Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Blocking driveways..
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:

You sir are out of your mind. To think that people are expected to park by braille is just wrong. How did become acceptable to damage another person property, because you don't know how to drive/ park? I drove a full size sedan (Audi A6) for a few years and was always able to park it on the street and not hit people in the process. When I have caught people using the Helen Keller method of parking, I either take down the offenders info and put a not on the car they hit, or if it was my car, get their all their info and then file a claim to have the damage repaired. So the person who was to lazy to learn to park in the first place, now has a nice $500-$1000 bill to pay.

HAHA. I seriously doubt you have ever collected a single dime from anyone. A small claims judge would laugh you the f*ck out of his court.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Too many people in this city think their car is so precious that they will take 2 spaces on the street. Like Elvis Presley I used to drive trucks for a living and can park my small car just about anywhere. If I see someone doing the "FU I need 2 spots" thing I will gleefully park my car behind or in front. If your car is so valuble then put it in a parking lot. The street parking is for all residents and people need to learn to share. It's a car people and it's gonna get bumped. Boo Hoo.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Uh-huh.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 12:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I can't get over how people can live in the city, park on the street, and still be precious about their bumpers. In tight city parking people are to be expected to park by braille. I've noticed that the JC metered spots have shrunk to just the length of a medium size car, requiring some tight maneuvering.

As to the OP's driveway concern, is your driveway marked out on the street? If it actually a legal curb cut you can get the city to do it for a nominal fee, less than $50.

You sir are out of your mind. To think that people are expected to park by braille is just wrong. How did become acceptable to damage another person property, because you don't know how to drive/ park? I drove a full size sedan (Audi A6) for a few years and was always able to park it on the street and not hit people in the process. When I have caught people using the Helen Keller method of parking, I either take down the offenders info and put a not on the car they hit, or if it was my car, get their all their info and then file a claim to have the damage repaired. So the person who was to lazy to learn to park in the first place, now has a nice $500-$1000 bill to pay.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 11:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
My opinion is that you really can't complain if your bumper gets scratched if you willingly park on the street. Get a Bumper Bully or buy a space.

http://www.bumperbully.com/

I own a shitty car. I find it vexing when my lower side panel is scratched. But then I don't care. I know I park on the street. That's WHY I bought a shitty car.

Pay JC the $5 to pay to park in front of your drive way.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 5:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
ah so, hmmm. Well, pretend for a moment there's no driveway. What makes this special? Someone jams in a space, something that happens all the time, in Manhattan it's practically required!

That said, I concede the " I have a driveway and that entitles me to a street space too" to be pretty arrogant and annoying. It fuels the antipathy to letting people have curb cuts for the their driveways o begin with. But if Iwitness is correct, there's not much to be done.

Legally that is. Perhaps a concerted effort by all the neighbors to continually park him in by kissing bumpers might get the point across that he also depends on the kindness of his neighbors, and should exhibit some neighborliness himself.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 4:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I think some have mistook my question. The parking scenario is as shown below.

____my car_____ Driveway_____random car____

The problem is, the owner with the driveway has 2 cars and when 1 car is parked he squeeze the 2nd car into the space (blocking the driveway) and due to the lack of space, he hits not only my car but the other car when he wedges into the spot.

Hopefully this clears it up a bit.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 1:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
problem: bumpers getting scratched in tight parking spaces

solution: buy an SUV

problem solved

my personal favorite is when a-holes on my block try to 'reserve' a spot on the street by purposely taking up two spots. sometimes, they don't do a very good job of this, so they'll actually leave a big enough space for my small suv to fit. i dont particularly mind 'moving' the offending car behind me with my rear spare tire if thats what it takes for me to fit in the spot.

Posted on: 2009/9/5 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
As to people bumping your bumper, you should probably get over yourself. Its a bumper. If you care that much about your precious bumper, pay for a parking spot in a parking lot.

I can't get over how people can live in the city, park on the street, and still be precious about their bumpers. In tight city parking people are to be expected to park by braille. I've noticed that the JC metered spots have shrunk to just the length of a medium size car, requiring some tight maneuvering.

As to the OP's driveway concern, is your driveway marked out on the street? If it actually a legal curb cut you can get the city to do it for a nominal fee, less than $50.

Posted on: 2009/9/5 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
As to people bumping your bumper, you should probably get over yourself. Its a bumper. If you care that much about your precious bumper, pay for a parking spot in a parking lot.

Posted on: 2009/9/5 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
The JC Parking Authority actually provides permits for parking a vehicle across one's own driveway. I think they cost $5 per permit, and they are basically a piece of colored card stock with the property address printed on it and some language from the Parking Authority informing the cops/parking enforcement that the car is permitted to park there. It's something that can be left inside on the dash board, so you can use it for any car.

Posted on: 2009/9/5 10:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
If you block your own driveway, there is no way for a cop/ parking nazi to know that it is your car at your house. So you will be taking a risk by doing that. But that would also require JC to ticket people in a predicable manner. If no one complains you should be ok. I had a neighbor who has blocked his own driveway for years with no problem.

As far as your bumper getting scratched, your options are going to b limited. I recommend buying a bumped badger, or similar bumper guard. It's the best thing for cars in tight parking spots. There isn't really any action you can take against the person who is hitting your car unless you see them do it.

Posted on: 2009/9/5 9:53

Blocking driveways..
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I have a question about this, I heard from others that if you block the driveway in front of your own house you will get a ticket? I like to know if its illegal to block your own driveway.

I bring it up, because at times when I park my car, I have a car parked in front of me an inch away from my bumper and causing great difficult getting out of the parking space. And since they struggle to park in between the parked cars, they have been scratching up my bumper at it.. I confronted them about this, and they continue to park as is,

So I would like to know what action can I take?

Posted on: 2009/9/5 7:17

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017