Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 19 year old robbed at gun point- vroom st.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
but I was then distracted by all the topless women on the beaches so I guess it's a wash.

Well it looks like i know where im going to be going on vacation.

What would be wrong with Zeppelin Hall?

As a vacation??

Well, more like an opportunity to see women's breasts (albeit, while nursing) in a public, European inspired setting.

Hahaha, I understand now.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
but I was then distracted by all the topless women on the beaches so I guess it's a wash.

As a vacation??

Well, more like an opportunity to see women's breasts (albeit, while nursing) in a public, European inspired setting.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:
Quote:

Thisloveiswar wrote:
I highly doubt calling and saying "Hey! there WAS a guy with a gun- but he's gone now" Is really going to do anything.

WRONG! I assume your friend is probably stoned/drunk so doesn't want to talk to police, but HAVE HIM VISIT IN PERSON TOMORROW to fill out a report. It DOES make a difference because it will be reflected in the crime stats. If a person is out there with a gun, IT MUST BE REPORTED. A report has to be filed with the police, and don't let the police try to talk your friend out of filing a report.

If the police don't want to file a report, you're going to encounter quite a severe reaction if you insist. If you walk into a police station and they don't want to file a report, just say thanks and walk away.

Since the only effect of reporting the crime will be the reflection in the stats, you have to decide whether risking a beating or a arrest for of obstruction of justice is worth it.

I could see some people wanting to make a point or wanting to get this practice to stop. But I doubt most people here care enough about Jersey city to risk their lives to improve it.

As far as I'm concerned, I shouldn't care more about a place than the people in charge do.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:

As a vacation??

Posted on: 2009/7/13 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:

Posted on: 2009/7/13 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:

Posted on: 2009/7/13 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I feel you. You wouldn't catch me wearing one. I was just a suprised in Europe when I saw all the "man's bags" but I was then distracted by all the topless women on the beaches so I guess it's a wash.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

otnemem wrote:
Hm. Didn't realize there were still people who think messenger bags on men are out of the ordinary. This has been enlightening.

Oh no no no my friend, nothing like a messenger bag. Im talking full on lady purse being worn by men. There is a big differene between a messanger bag and a purse, not even in the same ballpark. A purse is meant for a WOMAN.

I just got back from Spain and about half the men were wearing what you would call a lady's purse. They were probably European, it doesnt make them a pussy as you imply.

Chief im all for the live and let live thing but its almost embarrasing going downtown now. I mean dudes wearing purses? Come on..... I mean seriously.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

otnemem wrote:
Hm. Didn't realize there were still people who think messenger bags on men are out of the ordinary. This has been enlightening.

Oh no no no my friend, nothing like a messenger bag. Im talking full on lady purse being worn by men. There is a big differene between a messanger bag and a purse, not even in the same ballpark. A purse is meant for a WOMAN.

I just got back from Spain and about half the men were wearing what you would call a lady's purse. They were probably European, it doesnt make them a pussy as you imply.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 17:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

otnemem wrote:

Again, proves that we're winners. I would rather see man purses aka "murses" being worn by men then white t-shirts resembling night gowns.
Oh and someone mentioned country village, and I was like "WTF is that?!". So I looked it up... "The impetus for Country Village came from the goal of the Jersey City Planning Commission in 1959 to rezone the 42-acre industrial wasteland for residential use." Tubular.

super tool.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 17:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/13 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
sweet! so then it's scientific evidence that chromium reduces violent acts in humans.

I'll take it!

Posted on: 2009/7/12 5:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

otnemem wrote:

Again, proves that we're winners. I would rather see man purses aka "murses" being worn by men then white t-shirts resembling night gowns.
Oh and someone mentioned country village, and I was like "WTF is that?!". So I looked it up... "The impetus for Country Village came from the goal of the Jersey City Planning Commission in 1959 to rezone the 42-acre industrial wasteland for residential use." Tubular.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

otnemem wrote:

Posted on: 2009/7/11 21:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/7/11 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:

It's NOT downtown. Please be sure to report it, we are in a contest to see who has the least amount of crime! I'm totally rooting for downtown because I live here. I'm pretty sure we're winners already and the rest of you are losers from LOSERTOWN!

Ehhh I dont know about that one. I think the rest of JC are winners, yea its got a crime problem but at least there arnt dudes that wear purses like I saw downtown. Yes I saw two of them in the span of about 20 min.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Thisloveiswar wrote:
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Is Vroom Street downtown or NONdowntown? Can't place it at the moment.

Quote:

SonOfPizzazz wrote:
Oh, that's a good reason. Don't I look stupid for asking.

Thank God the police aren't out there looking for a guy with a gun.

Too shaken up to call the pigs, but not shaken up enough that he can't call up his buddies? Either something stinks or you kids are idiots.

It's NOT downtown. Please be sure to report it, we are in a contest to see who has the least amount of crime! I'm totally rooting for downtown because I live here. I'm pretty sure we're winners already and the rest of you are losers from LOSERTOWN!

Well I live in greenville so I think I'm the winner. Except I actually live in country village, so I think we actually have less crime than parts downtown if you count just country village.

And Vroom street is a few blocks from Journal Square.

comeon now, youre dealing with posters who think the turnpike extension is where jersey city ends. do you really expect them to know where/what country village is?

also i never really considered country village part of greenville.. although in the larger scheme of things i guess it technically is.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 17:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

Quote:

SonOfPizzazz wrote:

Too shaken up to call the pigs, but not shaken up enough that he can't call up his buddies? Either something stinks or you kids are idiots.

Well I live in greenville so I think I'm the winner. Except I actually live in country village, so I think we actually have less crime than parts downtown if you count just country village.

And Vroom street is a few blocks from Journal Square.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

Quote:

SonOfPizzazz wrote:

Posted on: 2009/7/11 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

SonOfPizzazz wrote:

Posted on: 2009/7/11 14:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned
Wow, OP just comes off worse and worse with every post.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 13:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:
Quote:

Thisloveiswar wrote:
I highly doubt calling and saying "Hey! there WAS a guy with a gun- but he's gone now" Is really going to do anything.

WRONG! I assume your friend is probably stoned/drunk so doesn't want to talk to police, but HAVE HIM VISIT IN PERSON TOMORROW to fill out a report. It DOES make a difference because it will be reflected in the crime stats. If a person is out there with a gun, IT MUST BE REPORTED. A report has to be filed with the police, and don't let the police try to talk your friend out of filing a report.

I'm sure he did report it. I spoke to him to the extent of "Someone held a gun to my back and took my ipod. I'm home now. Cry. Cry. Why Me, I have to go."

All I said was maybe he didn't because he was scared.

And sorry, not every youth in JC is "stoned and drunk" all the time. So, I'm sure this wasn't the reason he didn't call police- IF he even didn't. I still don't know.

and okay you're correct, so add this to your stats:

+1 Wanna be gangster in jersey city with a Gun. New Total = 1,000,001

Posted on: 2009/7/11 6:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Thisloveiswar wrote:

Posted on: 2009/7/11 6:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
P.S, If the police went out to look for every guy with a gun in JERSEY CITY - I'm sure they'd have no time to be lingering around my shows waiting to find a drunk kid and an excuse to shut it down.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 6:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SonOfPizzazz wrote:

Yeah. And seeing as how I am not even in this county to really offer any kind of input other than informing people in JC, I'm sure that insult was deserved on my part.

Thank you for letting me know that I'm an idiot for saying I don't know what someone did or did not do after them calling me saying a few things, hanging up and not calling back.

Note where i said IDK multiple times in the post- because I don't know.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 6:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/28 18:49
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/7/11 5:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm supposed to visit that exact area tomorrow. The house he was leaving when it happened. Now I'm debating it.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 5:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SonOfPizzazz wrote:
There's a choice whether or not to call the police in that situation?

Yeah. He could have just been really shaken up and ran home. He called me about 30 mins after it happened and he was blocks away from the area. At that point what is there to do. File a report, sure, but he didn't see the guys face so I doubt he thought about it.

Idk.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 5:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
damn! i live a block and a half from there...shady area.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 5:23

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/28 18:49
Group:
Banned
There's a choice whether or not to call the police in that situation?

Posted on: 2009/7/11 5:06

19 year old robbed at gun point- vroom st.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So a friend of mine was just robbed at gunpoint about an hour ago on Vroom street, close to the dead end side. Near house numbers 10-

If anyone lives in that area be careful.

I was not informed as to whether or not he called police.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 4:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017