Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Illegal Dumping on Corner of Monmouth and 4th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DCofJC wrote:
It is funny because I have been so angry about trash in this neighborhood for so long, and have even swept trash out of those gutters and water drains at that corner many times myself, that it is funny to me that at least they put the bags near those green bags. They are getting a step closer to throwing things out the right way. Hey, I mean....it was in a bag right, and not blowing around and onto my property or yours? It is disgusting, I agree, but I find it hard not to laugh sometimes at the culture of some of these people that throw trash on the ground everywhere and right in front of me sometimes.

A few weeks ago a guy threw a pizza plate on the ground in front of my house and I told him to pick it up. He said, "you talkin' sh--?" I have to laugh about it now...or else I will end up getting in a fight , and wind up dead.

Fair enough DCofJC, I prob. need to laugh a little more as well but it's tough sometimes

Posted on: 2009/4/27 19:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
It is funny because I have been so angry about trash in this neighborhood for so long, and have even swept trash out of those gutters and water drains at that corner many times myself, that it is funny to me that at least they put the bags near those green bags. They are getting a step closer to throwing things out the right way. Hey, I mean....it was in a bag right, and not blowing around and onto my property or yours? It is disgusting, I agree, but I find it hard not to laugh sometimes at the culture of some of these people that throw trash on the ground everywhere and right in front of me sometimes.

A few weeks ago a guy threw a pizza plate on the ground in front of my house and I told him to pick it up. He said, "you talkin' sh--?" I have to laugh about it now...or else I will end up getting in a fight , and wind up dead.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/25 16:52
Group:
Banned
The problem lies in that the JCIA is very picky about picking up heavy trash, ie light construction waste. I go through this all the time. So the dumper doesnt want to pay someone to pick it up, so, he leaves it as someone else's problem. The real problem is JCIA being a pain in the ass. If they just picked it up from their house, this guy wouldn't push the problem along. We/they shouldn't have to pay to dispose of a few heavy bags evey so often.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DCofJC wrote:
Those green bags are actually left there by people who clean up and sweep the streets. I forget the name of the oranization, but a crew of like 10 people come down the street picking up trash once or twice a month and they are instructed to leave the bags on the corner and the city I guess is supposed to pick them up. This past time, they sat there for a while. I guess the city workers forgot to come by. I thought it was funny because people started throwing their trash on top of the closed bags. Nothing frustrates me more than litter in this particular neighborhood.

There were 2 green bags and 2 BLACK bags. The green bags were left by the clean up crew, the black bags were illegally dumped there. I have seen black bags dumped in that are before. Not sure whats so funny about people throwing their trash on top of closed bags especially on a block infamous for trash and garbage!

Posted on: 2009/4/27 12:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
Those green bags are actually left there by people who clean up and sweep the streets. I forget the name of the oranization, but a crew of like 10 people come down the street picking up trash once or twice a month and they are instructed to leave the bags on the corner and the city I guess is supposed to pick them up. This past time, they sat there for a while. I guess the city workers forgot to come by. I thought it was funny because people started throwing their trash on top of the closed bags. Nothing frustrates me more than litter in this particular neighborhood.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
At first I thought you were talking about the daily flea market on Newark at 4th & Monmouth!

Posted on: 2009/4/26 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
Hey guys,
just wondering what can be done about this problem. ...

Contact the LITTER PATROL TASK FORCE at the Jersey City Incinerator Authority:

Office (201) 432-4645 ext.627
Inspectors (201) 432-4645 ext.671

http://www.jciaonline.org/litter.php

Posted on: 2009/4/26 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
Hey guys,
It would be great if they had investigators who take the trash, open up the bags and meticulously go through them to determine who's it is and FINE them! Thanks.

Yes they do have people who do this, call your Councilperson and complain.

Posted on: 2009/4/26 14:09

Illegal Dumping on Corner of Monmouth and 4th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys,
just wondering what can be done about this problem. Someone keeps dumping large black plastic bags filled with garbage near the public can on Monmouth. Today, they were just dumped on the corner near some other, light green bags that a crew left on Fri after they picked up/swept trash off Monmouth St. I realize this is a big problem in JC but is there anyone that can be called to investigate this? It would be great if they had investigators who take the trash, open up the bags and meticulously go through them to determine who's it is and FINE them! (Fat chance)
But seriously, does anyone have any experience with this issue? Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/4/26 13:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017