Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Man wanted in gang probe gunned down in Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/3 15:29
Group:
Registered Users
The Real Truth about Teenager Adrell Bennett and His Murder in Jersey City- JCPD & Media Respsonsible

The Jersey City Police Department, Hudson County Prosecutors Office, the Jersey Journal and staff writer MichaelAngelo Conte along with the local news channels contributed to the death of Adrell Bennett! That?s right. The cops have lied and pitted people against one another as the media helped by releasing and publishing invalid information that compromised my son?s life.
It all started when my son, Adrell Bennett was publicly accused by Hudson County Prosecutor, Edward DeFazio, of being a member of gang 52-HSGC that operates out of Booker T. Washington projects. This allegation automatically marked him for target to any opposing gang. After phone calls to detectives and visits to the Prosecutors office, I still have not been given any explanation supporting this allegation.

My son was also accused by DeFazio as being sought on numerous drug charges, including distribution of cocaine within 1,000 feet of school property. To date and after several attempts, I have not received information from detectives or the Prosecutors office regarding the validity of this allegation either.

For those who believe everything from the media, the ?wanted? picture of Adrell posted in the papers and on the news shown when you click on the following link, http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _in_gang_probe_gunne.html
is NOT a family picture as stated, but is a picture that was taken of him on 09/17/08 by cops of the JCPD after he and two of his friends were wrongfully stopped on Rutgers and Cator Avenues, searched, pictures taken of them and then released after the cops found them innocent of any wrong doing.

There have been other incidents like this and the incident of the police showing up at his Aunt?s house on Wade Street ?claiming? to have a warrant to question Adrell that made him reluctant to turn himself in. I spoke to my son early morning on Saturday, 10/11/08 after reading the online paper and urged him to turn himself in so that he could get this behind him and return home. He agreed to do so but only with an attorney as he maintained his innocence in both of the allegations. On Friday, 10/10/08, in our search as to why Adrell could have had a warrant, Adrell?s aunt and I paid his light rail tickets and was told he had no warrants.

My son was no stranger in the place where he was murdered. He?d been there many times and never had a reason to believe his life was in danger. He had no enemies until the police and media systematically marked him for death. Just picture, five other teens in the apartment, only Adrell targeted, the person who knocked on the door identified along with other suspects, questioned and released? Wouldn?t they be witnesses and accomplices to murder? I haven?t gotten answers on this either. Somebody knows something.

I acknowledge my son was not perfect as none of us are and has made some wrong decisions as we all have, but did he deserve to have his life compromised by the JCPD, Prosecutors office and media in their so called ?gang sweep?? NO!!! If he had any wrong doing then rightfully, he should have been tried, found guilty and prosecuted just as he was always taught about the consequences of our actions. He lived by this and even helped me to be diligent in doing the right thing.

For those that are so quick to judge my son, he are some of the positives about him, he completed high school, recently completed the financial aid application to attend college, worked part time at a supermarket and as an office cleaning service provider, he registered to vote and looked forward to voting in 2008, he loved his family and most of all, he loved God. This does not say thug nor gangster. At the end of the day the question is, whose been killed or hurt and what laws have been broken.

This is coming from a mother who is hurt, angry and concerned about what has happened to her son, how it?s happened and to how many other of our young black males is this being done to. When will it stop? I need answers.

Posted on: 2008/11/3 14:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/4 2:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
sure, i feel sorry for Aunt Devin, but don't forget, in his prom pictures in his white tuxedo... it's blinged up with his GANG COLORS.

don't tell me he didn't know what he was up to.

and if anyone tells me an after school basketball program would've stopped him from being a dealer and banger, i'll laugh (again).

If the police are correct and he is a 52 Hoover Crip then that would mean his tuxedo wasnt worn as gang colors. This is because 52 Hoover wear the colors orange and blue. I think he was killed for one of two reasons (just a guess), he was either silenced by Hoover or was not actually a Crip and was maybe a Blood (that could be why he had on that red and white tux) but was killed because the police and Jersey Journal were saying he was a Crip. If you remember the police said not all of those arrested or wanted in the gang probe were Crips but they never made clear who WASN'T a Crip.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
and if anyone tells me an after school basketball program would've stopped him from being a dealer and banger, i'll laugh (again).

CUE ALB IN 3-2-1...

Posted on: 2008/10/14 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
sure, i feel sorry for Aunt Devin, but don't forget, in his prom pictures in his white tuxedo... it's blinged up with his GANG COLORS.

don't tell me he didn't know what he was up to.

Posted on: 2008/10/14 11:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Aunt: 'Young are dying quicker than old people'
Tuesday, October 14, 2008

For grieving family members gathered at the home of Adrell Bennett, it did not matter that he was an alleged gang member or that he was being hunted by the law.

"He was my first nephew, and he was my world," Bennett's aunt, Devin Simpson, said through tears as she sat with family members on the porch of his Wade Street home yesterday afternoon. "I loved him like I love my three."

Gesturing to the Greenville neighborhood, Simpson said: "There is nothing out here for the kids except to get in trouble - their gangs. It's sad because they don't even know what gangs are, they're babies. The young are dying quicker than old people."

Simpson said Bennett was born in Jersey City and she proudly displayed a photograph of him wearing a white tuxedo for the Bayonne High School prom in May.

"Pay attention to the things your kids are doing," she said as a family member came from the house and gave her something to wipe her eyes. "Talk to the kids."

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2008/10/14 6:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
SHOOT & KILL A WANTED 'GANGSTER'
Gunmen burst into apartment, suspect is target: cops
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A teen being sought in a large street gang probe would be alive if police had gotten to him first. Instead, he was gunned down yesterday and died in a bathtub in Jersey City, officials said.

Adrell Bennett, 19, of Wade Street near Martin Luther King Drive, was shot dead when at least two people forced their way into an apartment at Arlington and Myrtle avenues in the Greenville neighborhood just after midnight, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said. Investigators think Bennett was targeted.

A resident of the building said a teenage girl screamed, "They killed my cousin!" after the gunfire took the life of the man whose photograph was published Saturday in The Jersey Journal. Authorities said last week Bennett was a gang member with the "52 Hoover Street Gangsta Crips."

The building resident, who chose not to give her name, said she woke to the sound of gunshots, then heard an apartment door slam, and then what sounded like two people running down the stairs.

Bennett was at the apartment with five teenage girls and an 18-year-old man when someone came to the door, DeFazio said. The man was recognized and the door was partially opened when he and at least one other man forced their way in, DeFazio said.

Homicide investigators believe more than one gun was fired, DeFazio said, adding that Bennett did not appear to have been armed.

The prosecutor said the murder "may be related to his gang affiliation, but we are still trying to determine the motive. It does not appear to be a robbery at this point."

No one else in the apartment was hurt, DeFazio said.

Homicide detectives think Bennett may have wound up in the bathtub while trying to run from his attackers. The man who knocked on the door has been identified, but police have not located him, DeFazio said.

The building resident said everyone in the apartment was hysterical when she walked in after the shooting. She said the other man in the apartment ran up the fire escape when the intruders broke in, but that he had returned.

She was told that Bennett was having his hair braided when the man came to the door and that one of the girls went to the door and recognized him, but Bennett "was saying don't let anybody in because he thought it was the cops. They said he told her to move away from the door, and he looked, and then he opened the door."

Bennett was being sought on numerous drug charges, including distribution of cocaine within 1,000 feet of school property, DeFazio said.

Anyone with information on the homicide is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at 201-915-1345.

Posted on: 2008/10/14 6:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
So young, so dumb.

I still think that our young gang members and criminals should be sent to Afghanistan to fight under strict supervision.

Then a movie director / producer can create a re-make of THE DIRTY DOZEN - JERSEY CITY BOYS

Posted on: 2008/10/13 22:19
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Greenville: Man wanted in gang probe gunned down in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Man wanted in gang probe gunned down in Jersey City
by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Monday October 13, 2008, 2:12 PM

A Jersey City teen being sought as part of an investigation into street gangs was gunned down in an apartment in the city's Greenville section this morning, police said.

Adrell Bennett, 19, of Wade Street, was fatally shot after at least two people forced their way into the apartment, at Arlington and Myrtle avenues, just after midnight, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said. His body was found in the bathtub.

Bennett was at the apartment with five teenage girls and an 18-year-old man when someone came to the door, DeFazio said. The man was recognized and the door was partially opened when he and at least one other man forced their way in, DeFazio said.

Homicide investigators believe more than one gun was fired, DeFazio said, adding that they have no reason to believe Bennett fired a weapon.

The prosecutor said the murder "may be related to his (Bennett's) gang affiliation but we are still trying to determine the motive. It does not appear to be a robbery at this point."

Homicide detectives think Bennett may have wound up in the bathtub while trying to run away from his attackers, or perhaps collapsed in the tub afterward. The man who knocked on the door has been identified but police have not yet located him, DeFazio said, adding that the apartment appears to have been connected to one of the girls present.

No one in the apartment has been charged with a crime.

Bennett was being sought on numerous drug charges, including distribution of cocaine within 1,000 feet of school property, DeFazio said. The victim was one of four men still being sought as part of an investigation centered on Crips street gang members operating in Jersey City's Booker T. Washington housing complex.

A total of 13 adults and six juveniles were arrested between Oct. 1 and Oct. 8 in the probe, conducted by local, county, state and federal law enforcement. The sweep netted five adults and four juveniles who have been charged in four Jersey City homicides, according to the prosecutor's office.

Still being sought at part of the round up are:

? Rashawn McFadden, 19, of Pearsall Avenue, who is an alleged member of the 52 Hoover Street Gangsta Crips and is wanted on numerous drug distribution charges, including distribution of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a school.

? Jamal O'Neal, 24, of the Booker T. Washington complex, who is wanted on numerous drug charges, including distribution of heroin within 500 feet of public property and 1,000 feet of a school.

? Travis Booker, 19, of the Booker T. Washington complex, who is wanted on the charges of aggravated assault, several firearm offenses and a warrant for a violation of probation.

Anyone with information on the homicide is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the remaining three suspects at large in the gang investigation is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Gang Task Force at (201) 915-1229.

Posted on: 2008/10/13 22:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017