Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Praise from Peter Mocco for 'mobster' who later copped plea
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
I guess I must be way beyond "truly stupid" since I not only thought about buying into Liberty Harbor but actually acted on it!...

No worries, sweetie. It's Jersey. So if it's not one thing, it's another. You will be fine and in five years, that place is gonna rock. I live in the hood and am a believer.

Posted on: 2008/8/12 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
FYI the state Department of Environmental Protection did not place a deed notice for past chromium contamination for Liberty Harbor. The only special deed notice is for a past underground heating oil storage tank, which is pretty mild as such things go.

I suppose not irrefutable evidence of that there was never chromium on the site, but there must not have been enough to warrant a deed notice.

I believe there is a deed notice for chromium for Gull's Cove, though? (Or maybe it's some other contaminant - correct me if I am wrong).

Posted on: 2008/8/11 20:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
I guess I must be way beyond "truly stupid" since I not only thought about buying into Liberty Harbor but actually acted on it!...

Posted on: 2008/8/11 19:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/19 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
Punk Mocco should be thrown in jail along with all of his loser mobster buddies ... and only the truly stupid would ever think of buying into Liberty Harbor. Think about it: a mobed-up construction company builds a massive development on top of land heavily contaminated with chromium and other toxins. Not only will you end up with a poorly made row house or condo, you'll probably end up with lung cancer, too!

Posted on: 2008/8/6 21:42

Praise from Peter Mocco for 'mobster' who later copped plea
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Praise from Mocco for 'mobster' who later copped plea

Wednesday, August 06, 2008
By CARLY BALDWIN
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A reputed mobster who was friendly with Eliot Spitzer's now-famous call girl has some friends in Hudson County's highest places - like high-powered developer Peter Mocco.

Mocco, the former North Bergen mayor, wrote a character reference letter for Anthony Scibelli, who has pleaded guilty to extortion conspiracy, stemming from work his company, VMS Construction, did at Mocco's expansive Liberty Harbor development in Downtown Jersey City.

"I wanted to attempt to give a broader picture of the individual, a full spectrum of the person," said Mocco yesterday.

In February, a massive federal indictment named Scibelli, of Long Island, as an associate in the Gambino crime family. Federal prosecutors arrested Scibelli and charged him with extortion and extortion conspiracy.

Prosecutors accused Scibelli and others of shaking down another contractor on the job in 2004, allowing him to operate his portable cement plant at Liberty Harbor as long as he turned over 60 percent of the cement plant's profits to the Gambino family.

In a glowing letter to the court before Scibelli's guilty plea, Mocco painted a different picture of Scibelli. Mocco described him as "hardworking, honest and dedicated contractor" who has "exhibited courage, resourcefulness and integrity at every turn."

Mocco, who also served two terms as a Hudson County freeholder, said he wasn't aware of extortion going on at his construction site.

"The fact that he pled guilty has no bearing whatsoever on the work he performed at Liberty Harbor," Mocco said. "He kept his integrity and sense of right and wrong. Him pleading guilty doesn't change my experience with him or his company."

According to the New York Times, Scibelli is also friendly with Ashley Alexandra Dupr?, the prostitute who claims she slept with disgraced former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer.

Posted on: 2008/8/6 18:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017