Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Anyone have Bruce Springsteen Tickets for sale?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
The issue was that they violated the policy. And Sheila only accompanied Dee to get beer because they both had to use the ladies room. Being that they are under the age of thirty and female, they tend to want to go to the bathroom in twos.

I too agree with a strict beer policy at sport venues. I can't stand bringing my kids to a ballgame and being surrounded by a bunch of belligerant drunk. I have no problem with the policy or with them being thrown out if there were signs posted about the two beer minimum.

However, I think it was over the top, and possibly illlegal to detain them for 45 minutes without allowing them to answer the phone. And they were not arrested or could not have been arrested as they did nothing illegal. They merely broke the house rules, not the law. Sheila was not drinking, she was merely holding the beer. this is something she does every day as a waitress in NJ.

Bottom lline - the guys at the meadowlands were jerks who enjoyed taunting two girls.

Posted on: 2008/7/30 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

linky wrote:
If you do manage to get tix and go be very careful of the security nazis there. My two nieces were detained and thrown out of the concert and told "never to come back to the Meadowlands".

Sheila ( age 19) and Dee ( age 24) went to the concert with their middle-aged, cornball law-abiding parents and other sister Tara. Sheila and Dee left their seats towards the beginning of the show to go to the ladies room and buy beers for their parents, Dee and Tara. Dee bought two beers and gave them to Sheila to hold while she went to the ladies room. She came back and bought two more beers. AS they were walking away they were stopped by security.

Here's where the nazi stuff starts. They were taken to some sort of detention room and interrogated for almost an hour. Dee cried the whole time, telling them that they were buying the beer for their parents. She begged them to let her use her cell to call her parents who were at the concert waiting for them to come back. They would not let her use her phone Or to even answer the numerous frantic calls from her mother, they treated them like criminals and finally threw them out. They were stone-cold sober, but because they were young they were abused. Dee said that everyone in the room was bombed , but they let those people get on route 3 and get in their cars because they were old.

Meanwhile the concert was ruined for my sister and brother-in-law because they were frantically trying to call Dee and Sheila and had no idea what happened to them.

If anyone frequents the meadowlands, I would like to know if they have visible signs telling people that if they break the two beer purchase limit they will be ejected from the arena. I know they technically broke the rules, but come-on.

Just be careful out there. There are a lot of d-bags wearing uniforms.

Was the issue that Sheila was underage or that they were violating the beers per person policy...or both? And not for nothin, but the parents really shouldn't have sent an underage girl to fetch the beer.

Given the crowds and events at the Meadowlands, I am completely comfortable with a hardcore policy on beer. Not great that the girls felt abused but unfortunately, that's part of the deal, I guess.

I have no doubt that these girls were just naive and got caught up in some stringent rules and overly intense security guards, which sucks, fair enough. But if they hadn't violated the policy, this would never have happened. And it could have been worse -- they could have been arrested.

Posted on: 2008/7/30 1:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
If you do manage to get tix and go be very careful of the security nazis there. My two nieces were detained and thrown out of the concert and told "never to come back to the Meadowlands".

Sheila ( age 19) and Dee ( age 24) went to the concert with their middle-aged, cornball law-abiding parents and other sister Tara. Sheila and Dee left their seats towards the beginning of the show to go to the ladies room and buy beers for their parents, Dee and Tara. Dee bought two beers and gave them to Sheila to hold while she went to the ladies room. She came back and bought two more beers. AS they were walking away they were stopped by security.

Here's where the nazi stuff starts. They were taken to some sort of detention room and interrogated for almost an hour. Dee cried the whole time, telling them that they were buying the beer for their parents. She begged them to let her use her cell to call her parents who were at the concert waiting for them to come back. They would not let her use her phone Or to even answer the numerous frantic calls from her mother, they treated them like criminals and finally threw them out. They were stone-cold sober, but because they were young they were abused. Dee said that everyone in the room was bombed , but they let those people get on route 3 and get in their cars because they were old.

Meanwhile the concert was ruined for my sister and brother-in-law because they were frantically trying to call Dee and Sheila and had no idea what happened to them.

If anyone frequents the meadowlands, I would like to know if they have visible signs telling people that if they break the two beer purchase limit they will be ejected from the arena. I know they technically broke the rules, but come-on.

Just be careful out there. There are a lot of d-bags wearing uniforms.

Posted on: 2008/7/30 1:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 13:19
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Try STUBHUB.com

Posted on: 2008/7/29 21:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/10 14:44
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
I wasn't really trying to "counter" in the first place...I was simply just asking if anyone had tickets that I could buy.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions and like you said I'm sure you like some artists others don't. If we all liked everything the same, the world would kinda suck.

Can, "You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright"

Sorry I had to.

Posted on: 2008/7/29 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nickie wrote:
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Why anyone would spend a Nickel to see this cat is beyond
reason....

CK

You should go to one of his shows...my boyfriend hated Bruce and "annoying Bruce/Jersey" fans his whole life...until he saw them last night.

Thanks for the ticket help though Can...

Your BF'S conversion to a Bruce Fan is in noway a Litmus test for all that can't stand "The Boss".

This dude is way over rated and can't sing to save his soul, yeah is his backing band ok, I guess, but really why and how Bruce got sooooooo big is beyond reason and oh Btw if your going to counter with "Its in his Lyrics" that to is a bunch of "BS".

Nonetheless, just my opinion, Theres bands that I dig and that I'm certain would get a New one ripped for Liking.

Enjoy the Boss !

CK

Posted on: 2008/7/29 19:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
reason....

CK

You should go to one of his shows...my boyfriend hated Bruce and "annoying Bruce/Jersey" fans his whole life...until he saw them last night.

Thanks for the ticket help though Can...

Posted on: 2008/7/29 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
reason....

CK

Posted on: 2008/7/29 18:58

Anyone have Bruce Springsteen Tickets for sale?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
Just figured I would use all of my resources to try and get 2 or 4 tickets to this Thursday's Bruce Show. If you are selling tickets for whatever reason, please PM me.

Many thanks!

Posted on: 2008/7/29 18:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017