Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bonjovi at central park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 13:19
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
You are totally right GW. Bon Jovi had some seriously corny stage moves going on. I don't know who told him he could dance. He even had maracas (sp?) at one point with a flaming red shirt...haaa!!

Posted on: 2008/7/14 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Saw Bon Jovi not too long ago. Trust me when I tell you that I am a fan of 80's sleaze rock music generally, so when I bash Bon Jovi himself it's not like I hate the genre.

But he's a ridiculous stage presence. The shaking of the ass to the crowd, the overall sense of arrogance- It doesn't come across "cool". Hard to explain. Left the show less of a fan than I was when I went in.

And what's with that ANNOYINGLY HORRIBLE "Shout" medley that he does, apparently every show?

Sambora, on the other hand....

I was shocked. I knew he had some chops, but seriously, the guy is a MONSTER player. I had no idea he was just that good. Yeah, much better voice than Bon Jovi's reedy-whine live voice. But just a monster, monster guitarist, and I'm a bit of a snob in that regard. The guy can really play.

So I left being a bigger Sambora fan. Reminds me, I wanted to pick up some of his solo stuff. I have a feeling I'll enjoy it more than I do his work in Bon Jovi.

GWB

Posted on: 2008/7/14 15:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 13:19
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The Bon Jovi concert was great! They looked and sounded amazing. I think Riche Sambora sounded even better than Jon Bon Jovi when he sang I'll be There for You...lol

Beautiful night too and well organized!

Posted on: 2008/7/13 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

XenoSerge wrote:
I saw Weird Al in Westbury on Thursday night and had an absolute blast. It's nice to not have to travel for at least 9 hours on the road just to see a live show (which I used to have to do before I moved to JC).

It's awesome that you got to see the Bon Jovi show. I wish I could've gone, but ah well. Glad to hear someone here saw them and enjoyed themselves :).

Go New Jersey !

Posted on: 2008/7/13 9:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/7 6:56
Group:
Registered Users
I saw Weird Al in Westbury on Thursday night and had an absolute blast. It's nice to not have to travel for at least 9 hours on the road just to see a live show (which I used to have to do before I moved to JC).

It's awesome that you got to see the Bon Jovi show. I wish I could've gone, but ah well. Glad to hear someone here saw them and enjoyed themselves :).

Posted on: 2008/7/13 7:16

Bonjovi at central park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
What a beautiful evening, great show! These guys relly seperate the boys from men. I coultn\"t help but think some day liberty state park could have this vibe after its more
overgrown and forest like. hope i live to see that day.
long live rock and roll.

Posted on: 2008/7/13 5:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017