Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
173 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 173

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: No Housing Slump Here: Jersey City Residential Tower – “A” Condominiums
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
This article does NOT sound like it was written by a journalist. It sounds like it was written by a junior PR girl.

Housing sales in JC are going up, b.c they are building more condos than we have dog parks, which is like 2x more than the population of downtown JC.

Funny how they say it's 88% filled. When i did some recon at grove point(e) last summer, they said they were almost full. When i called them a month ago, they claim to be 50% full. But looking at the building right now...There's 3 lights on....Doesn't seem full to me. I'm calling BS!

Posted on: 2008/1/26 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Just another real estate ad. The way these condo ad's keep poping up in the papers, you would think that all those highrise condo's on the waterfront, downtown and along Grand St are all sold and occupied - which we all know if crap.
Must be a slow news day for the papers or they have mastered the skill of flipping a print media 'infomercial' into a news report for a fee.

Posted on: 2008/1/25 23:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I'm more confused why the Paramus Post printed that crap to begin with.

Posted on: 2008/1/25 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/20 16:18
Group:
Registered Users
I happen to think A is a very nice building, but a few things... 1) this is pure press release patter, how is this "reported" as news? 2) that "streetscape" is going to be very hard to lease to any kind of national chain 3) thanks for the bricks to pay homage to the warehouses... but could you have maybe commissioned a JC artist for a sculpture as opposed to someone NYC based? (of course the face they commissioned any kind of art at ALL is something to be impressed with).

Posted on: 2008/1/25 22:37

No Housing Slump Here: Jersey City Residential Tower – “A” Condominiums
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.paramuspost.com/article.php/20080124095632623

No Housing Slump Here: Jersey City Residential Tower Celebrates Grand-Opening

By Mel Fabrikant
Thursday, January 24 2008
The Paramus Post

Bucking the national housing slump, Jersey City is in the midst of a cultural and residential revival where residential sales have increased 167% since 2000. On January 29, the city celebrates its latest grand-opening ? ?A? Condominiums, where more than 80 percent of the units are already sold.

?A? Condominiums, a 33-story complex designed by RMJM Hillier on Washington Boulevard and First Street, features 250 units and almost 10,500 square feet of retail space. Designed as an urban gesture, the complex integrates existing local brick architecture with contemporary glass buildings. The building and its five-story garage and retail podium abut the street, bringing retail and community life to the street?s edge.

The building?s architectural aim is to incorporate the typology and scale of the New York City skyscraper with the site?s material context of Jersey City?s indigenous brick manufacturing warehouses, one of which is located adjacent to the site. However, the use of glass shaft suggests a brighter, more inviting look that contrasts with the surrounding brick and concrete. Individual balconies provide an interesting texture to the building?s fa?ade and enhance the residents? experience.

As an homage to Jersey City?s arts district, The Athena Group, the project?s developers, commissioned New York City artist, Jonathan Cramer, to design a new sculpture to be installed in the lobby. The sculpture is part of his ?Shape Matrix? series. Another sculpture in the series resides in the entrance courtyard of 111 Central Park North, the recently opened high-rise on Central Park North by The Athena Group and RMJM Hillier

===============================
Facts:
290,000 SF
Architects: RMJM Hillier
Developer: The Athena Group www.insidea.com
? 250 unit, multi-family apartment
? 33 stories
? 10,500 SF retail space
? 238-parking garage

Posted on: 2008/1/25 17:41

[Advanced Search]

Login