Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Hudson County: 31% think pit bulls should be outlawed, 50% believe they are the most dangerous b
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
bdlaw, I am curious as to why you seem to have a fetish for guns and tough looking dog breeds.

Did something happen to you at puberty?

Irrespective, this was just reposted from todays Jersey Journal so maybe take it up with them -- or take it up with those who conducted the Jersey Journal/New Jersey City University poll.

Quote:

bdlaw wrote:
GrovePath, I am curious as to why you seem to have a fetish for singling out this one particular breed of dog for fear-mongering.

Did one kick sand in your face and steal your girl?

Irrespective of irresponsible dog owners (which I hate), and lax enforcement by the city (which I also hate), I find it odd that you never post stories about rottweilers, german shepherds, chiahuahas, or dingos eating babies.

PS - - Here's a post by me about "Congo" the Princeton German Shepherd.

Chase your tail here.

Posted on: 2007/12/13 0:56

Re: Hudson County: 31% think pit bulls should be outlawed, 50% believe they are the most dangerous b
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/breeds-causing-DBRFs.pdf
Here are some interesting facts from a few years ago.

Posted on: 2007/12/12 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
And really, no need to twist words. The poll did not ask if they were the "most" dangerous breed, it asked if they were more dangerous than other breeds. As a breed surely pit bulls can be considered more dangerous than some other breeds, but whether they are the ultimate is up for debate. There are many other breeds that I would consider much more dangerous than pit bulls if in the wrong hands.

Posted on: 2007/12/12 17:50

Re: Hudson County: 31% think pit bulls should be outlawed, 50% believe they are the most dangerous breed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
GrovePath, I am curious as to why you seem to have a fetish for singling out this one particular breed of dog for fear-mongering.

Did one kick sand in your face and steal your girl?

Irrespective of irresponsible dog owners (which I hate), and lax enforcement by the city (which I also hate), I find it odd that you never post stories about rottweilers, german shepherds, chiahuahas, or dingos eating babies.

Posted on: 2007/12/12 14:37

Re: Hudson County: 31% think pit bulls should be outlawed, 50% believe they are the most dangerous breed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

POLL: BAD DOGGIES!
Many see danger, but wouldn't ban pit bulls

Wednesday, December 12, 2007
By PAUL KOEPP
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

"Pit bulls are unlikely to replace poodles, Yorkies and Labs in the hearts and hearths of Hudson County residents anytime soon," wrote NJCU political science professor Fran Moran, one of the poll's authors.

"The majority of the dogs that cause problems are owned by irresponsible pet owners. These people would simply move on to another breed of dog."

Animal Control needs to pull their finger out to insure ALL dogs are registered and dogs owners - especially dogs with a suspect aggressive nature / breed, also have some sort of public liability insurance.

I'd like to see that zero tolerance method take effect on dog ownership - Registration should be the highest penalty, then off leash and not picking up crap next.

Posted on: 2007/12/12 11:51
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hudson County: 31% think pit bulls should be outlawed, 50% believe they are the most dangerous breed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
POLL: BAD DOGGIES!
Many see danger, but wouldn't ban pit bulls

Wednesday, December 12, 2007
By PAUL KOEPP
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

On the heels of several dog attacks over the last several months, pit bulls are seen as dangerous animals in Hudson County, according to a recent Jersey Journal/New Jersey City University poll.

Nearly a third - 31 percent - of county residents who responded think pit bulls should be outlawed, the poll found, while 50 percent disagreed.

In addition, 50 percent of those polled said they believe pit bulls are more dangerous than other dog breeds, compared to 35 percent who said they are not more dangerous.

"Pit bulls are unlikely to replace poodles, Yorkies and Labs in the hearts and hearths of Hudson County residents anytime soon," wrote NJCU political science professor Fran Moran, one of the poll's authors.

Last month, a man was charged with animal cruelty after his pit bull tore apart a live chicken in Enos Jones Park, according to a police report. It was the latest incident to involve a pit bull.

Pit bulls have been blamed in recent months for attacking cops in three separate incidents, terrorizing Hamilton Park and biting off a woman's fingertip on Myrtle Avenue, according to police reports.

Of the poll's respondents, 34 percent said they own a pit bull or know someone who does, while 61 percent said they do not. "No doubt at least part of the reason that this is not a particularly popular family pet in the county is the breed's aggressive reputation," Moran wrote.

Aurora Piacentino, of the Liberty Humane Society, wrote in an e-mail that she was "very surprised" more people did not know a pit bull owner, saying that "the sheer number of pit bulls in this area is astounding."

She also said the dogs get a bad rap.

"While there are some bad pit bulls, it is not fair to ban a whole breed based on the actions of relatively few," Piacentino wrote, adding that banning them would solve nothing.

"The majority of the dogs that cause problems are owned by irresponsible pet owners. These people would simply move on to another breed of dog."

Posted on: 2007/12/12 11:30

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017