Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
166 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 166

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: State Senate Race 31st District - Steven Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Week from today and a big Ward E turnout for Manzo would really piss off City Hall.Need a better reason?

Posted on: 2007/5/29 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop is only member publicly supporting Manzo team

Ricardo Kaulessar -- Hudson Reporter

For City Councilman Steven Fulop, one is the loneliest number.

He is the only member of the City Council who has come out and supported the Democrats for Hudson County team running in the 31st District - Louis Manzo for State Senate, and Sheila Newton-Moses, and Nicholas Chiaravalloti for State Assembly. The DFHC team is opposing the longstanding Hudson County Democratic Organization, which has Sandra Bolden Cunningham running for state Senate.

Fulop made his announcement in front of City Hall Wednesday afternoon standing in front of a podium with no microphone, in what could be seen as a display of political chutzpah in front of Mayor Jerramiah Healy's domain.

Fulop alluded to his lone presence, calling himself "fortunate" to be the first City Council member and the "only elected official in Jersey City" to support the 31st District ticket, as he touted their positives as the three candidates stood with him.

"I think without question when you look at the qualifications of these individuals from an education standpoint, from an ability standpoint, from a competency standpoint, it goes without question that they are the most qualified for the job," Fulop said.

After the announcement, Fulop told the Jersey City Reporter that he knew that supporting Manzo instead of Sandra Cunningham, the widow of the late mayor Glenn D. Cunningham (who Fulop acknowledged as his political mentor), could possibly "hurt" him if he runs for City Council or Mayor in 2009.

Posted on: 2007/5/26 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
You know what? I've made a decision. Fulop's Tracey should run for office. (I think that's her name.) She gets things done. I'd vote for her in a second.

I'm thinking about a write-in vote. I should check that's her name though, first.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 18:46
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
From the JJ Insider column Wednesday, May 23, 2007

...About two weeks ago, Cunningham did not show up at a video taping of a question and answer session at the Loew's Theater in Jersey City, a cable television event that was moderated by this columnist. There were several excuses that are too nonsensical to even mention.

Thursday, Cunningham did not appear at the videotaping of another debate on the Bayonne-based "Mike and the Coach" public access program. This columnist was among a trio of journalists who took turns trying to horsewhip Manzo with questions about issues.

The "Mike and the Coach" question and answer session can be viewed on Bayonne's Cablevision on channel 19 starting tomorrow, 10:30 and 7:30 p.m. The rest of the schedule is May 25, 27, 28, June 1, 3, and 4 at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.; May 26 and June 2 at 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.; May 29, 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.; May 30, 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.; May 31, 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.; and June 5, 9 a.m.

On the same day as the Bayonne taping, Cunningham finally explained why she does not debate. Apparently there was no conflict of dates, as claimed. She told politicsnj.com that she can't stand being in the same room as Manzo.

"Before my husband was buried, he was already trying to make deals with Bob Menendez," she told the Web site reporter. "I'm taking my campaign to the people. I have no intentions of debating."

Politicsnj.com quotes political activist and Jersey City NAACP leader Kabili Tayari talking about Manzo's chances.

"Lou Manzo has done a great job legislatively," said Tayari. "But we are talking about empowerment. Lou Manzo is a good man, but we must address affirmative action in the 31st District."

Yesterday, Cunningham appeared in Newark for the taping of a New Jersey Network question and answer session - with Manzo.

During the session, she was asked about Wallace and she praised him for having coming out of a second chance program and seeking a college degree.

It was after the taping session that she learned that Wallace had "voluntarily" stepped down from the campaign to avoid becoming an issue.

The complete article is here.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
See Lou Manzo's interview on www.speaknj.com

Posted on: 2007/5/25 1:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, I'm sure as hell not voting for Cunningham! If the only two serious candidates are as bad as those two, I'll happily abstain. Maybe that guy who always runs for stuff on the "Politicians Are Crooks" line will throw his hat in the ring. I've voted for him several times instead of the low lifes the Hudson County machines have offered up. Fulop degrades himself by deciding to line up with one of the competing bunches of crooks fighting to control the Democratic machine around here. We need someone independent from that mess.

Posted on: 2007/5/24 23:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tqwert2 wrote:
A list of Manzo's scumbaggery would be a long one, but his close association with McCann sums it all up pretty well for me.

Gerry fcuked his business partners. Sandy's associate fcuked a 13 y.o. girl. I'd say the scumbaggery on both sides balances out.

So, let's talk about qualifications. Manzo's an assemblyman with actual experience and achievements. Sandy's a politician's widow being handled by experts who need to pander to black voters.

Manzo's a nut - no doubt about it, but is Sandy's refusal to debate him because "she can't stand to be in the same room with him" any less nutty? Besides, two men she banned from Glenn's funeral and all but accused of killing him - Tom DeGise and Harvey Smith are now her running mates. She kind of loses the "plays well with others" match up. And, bottom line, that's what legislative bodies are all about - working together, compromising, moving mutually acceptable agenda forward. Her "I don't wanna, I don't hafta" hissy fits show her to be unsuitable for the state senate.

On the other hand, once she's installed as a loyal democrat senator, and once the dual office ban goes into effect, she won't be able to run for Mayor....

uh, Vote Sandy!!!!

Posted on: 2007/5/24 21:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
A list of Manzo's scumbaggery would be a long one, but his close association with McCann sums it all up pretty well for me.

Posted on: 2007/5/24 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Well I would sincerely hope only two, because if he has more than that... well I don't even want to surmise how you would have that information!

Quote:

mrrogers wrote:

Fulop had a lot of balls going against sandy since most people would have considered him a Cunningham person.

Posted on: 2007/5/24 3:30
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
What in the world has Mrs Cunningham done to deserve to go to the state senate.Look up the bills that manzo has sponsored and you can't help but vote for lou manzo.

This is a guy who can help us fix our sewers,he is a staunch advocate against abatements and will not tow the Healy line.

If ever there was a time to make a difference and stick it to the HCDO it is june 5th.

Fulop had a lot of balls going against sandy since most people would have considered him a Cunningham person.

Posted on: 2007/5/24 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
hhmmm... would you care to expand on that?

Quote:

tqwert2 wrote:
Manzo's a scumbag. You lost my vote for mayor with this endorsement.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 18:16
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Manzo's a scumbag. You lost my vote for mayor with this endorsement.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 17:10

State Senate Race 31st District - Steven Fulop
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
I am posting the following portion of a press release regarding the State Senate race in the 31st district. We will formally be doing this endorsement at city hall today at 1pm if you are in the area.

I am the first and only elected official in Jersey City to go with Lou Manzo's team in this election however, I think it is clear that he has worked hard in the State Assembly and earned the opportunity to be in the State Senate. I believe this is in the best interest of Jersey City and I will working hard over the next two weeks to make sure we have the best representatives in Trenton.

I can use your help by both spreading the word and making sure we come out on election day.

As always, thank you for reading this and I am certain we will make a difference in this race.

Sincerely,
Steven Fulop

---------
Manzo for Senate

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Councilman Steven Fulop Endorses Manzo's Democrats for Hudson County Slate in District 31

Cites experience, knowledge, and constituent relations as reasons to vote for Manzo, Chiaravolloti and Newton-Moses

JERSEY CITY, NJ ?Today, Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop offered his endorsement for the Democrats for Hudson County legislative slate in District 31, in front of City Hall in Jersey City.

"As a councilman here in Jersey City, I realize first hand how difficult it is to represent such a diverse district, with so many people, and so many different interests and needs. Everyday they must fight to bring back aid for our schools, funds for our programs and assistance for much needed infrastructure improvements. All the while these representatives must be available to their constituents to listen to their concerns and to meet their needs. They must also have the foresight, vision and background to vote on issues that most concern us as a state," said Councilman Fulop.

"We need experienced, knowledgeable and seasoned representatives that think independently and aren?t beholden to outside interests. This is about putting the right people into the right jobs.

For these reasons, I am proud to have this opportunity to stand in front of you today and endorse Lou Manzo for State Senate and Nicholas Chiaravolloti and Shelia Newton-Moses for State Assembly," added Fulop.

"Like everyone else who knows him, I regard Steve Fulop as a bright and hard working young man that puts the interests of his constituents in front of politics. He represents the good things that come from public service and is, in many ways, the future of this great city. My running mates and I are happy to accept the endorsement of Councilman Fulop and look forward to helping Steve take Jersey City in a new direction" said Assemblyman and District 31 Senate Candidate Louis Manzo.

####

Posted on: 2007/5/23 12:55

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017