Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: How do I get out of jury duty if I served 3 months ago?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe JC could start a Jury Service School for our unemployed, physically disabled and retired.

The school could teach them how the jury system works, basic principles to understand and interpret laws and regulations, when they can seek clarification or ask questions, seek layman terms or interpretation in their foreign language to get a better informed understanding etc etc.

I'm sure there must be plenty of seniors that would like to still contribute to the community as would senior university students. Maybe we could also recruit from expats on employments contracts greater then 12 months as well as permanent residents and dual citizens.

What I find odd is that voting is not compulsory, yet attending jury service is; unless you have a 'good' reason to be exempt!

Posted on: 2015/1/1 23:25
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Kelcey wrote:
This happened to me. I called them up and they said "no yiu didnt recently serve." I said yes i absolutely did. They finally looked me up and found that i had mutiple accounts. Their data systems are so awful they can't or don't even run basic de-duping of address records coming in from DMV vs other sources. My two records resulted from one showing '2nd St' and the other having street spelled out. Ridiculous...and explains why it felt like I was getting called all the time. But i will say that the person who picked up the phone was super helpful once she realized i was telling the truth.

I compared the two notices and my address was different on both of them: "8 Street" on one and "8th Street" on the other.

I called the jury office and now I don't have to serve for three years. Guy who helped me was super nice.

Posted on: 2015/1/1 19:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/18 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Kelcey wrote:
This happened to me. I called them up and they said "no yiu didnt recently serve." I said yes i absolutely did. They finally looked me up and found that i had mutiple accounts. Their data systems are so awful they can't or don't even run basic de-duping of address records coming in from DMV vs other sources. My two records resulted from one showing '2nd St' and the other having street spelled out. Ridiculous...and explains why it felt like I was getting called all the time. But i will say that the person who picked up the phone was super helpful once she realized i was telling the truth.

I agree their systems *are* awful. This happens to me all the time, so now I keep all records of my jury duty participation so I have proof of serving when I said I did.

Posted on: 2014/12/31 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/30 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:
I had jury duty on October 21 and 22 of 2014. I got called up again for 1/28.

Should I complete the online questionnaire anyway? I really don't want to take a day off of work to tell them I already served. (Yes. I have proof that I served.)

This happened to me a couple months ago. They told me to fill out the online form and in the request for delay section explain that I had just served. Got a little card in the mail a few days later saying I was excused.

Posted on: 2014/12/30 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks JerseyMom!

Posted on: 2014/12/30 4:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Call the jury service office listed on your summons. I had to communicate with them over the summer and they were wonderfully helpful and responsive. Just let them know and I think they handle that via the telephone.

Good luck!

Posted on: 2014/12/30 3:58

How do I get out of jury duty if I served 3 months ago?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I had jury duty on October 21 and 22 of 2014. I got called up again for 1/28.

Should I complete the online questionnaire anyway? I really don't want to take a day off of work to tell them I already served. (Yes. I have proof that I served.)

Posted on: 2014/12/30 3:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017