Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Michael Yun for Council - Heights Ward D
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't there a Stop N Shop up there already? Last time I was up there, there was a SNS on Central off Franklin...

Posted on: 2013/1/24 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
You're kidding yourself if you think that Stop and Shop wouldnt have gotten a massive tax abatement. Plus, now its going to be built into a school that the City is required by law to build in the Heights.

No abatement was requested.

Even if an abatement was given, there would have been PILOT revenue for the city. With a school, the city gets zero dollars.... forever....

+1

Thank you for echoing my answer in post #11. In addition to having more & very much needed ratables, Stop and Shop was prepared to donate $600k to be used for recreation in the Heights, a promise of full & part-time jobs with benefits with Heights residents being given preference for the jobs.

This would have detracted very little from many businesses on Central Ave. It also would have given Central Ave. a great chance to re-invent itself.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
You're kidding yourself if you think that Stop and Shop wouldnt have gotten a massive tax abatement. Plus, now its going to be built into a school that the City is required by law to build in the Heights.

No abatement was requested.

Even if an abatement was given, there would have been PILOT revenue for the city. With a school, the city gets zero dollars.... forever....

Posted on: 2013/1/24 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

williepnewton wrote:

Interesting, why user1111 would you choose Mr. Yun over Det. Connors? Mr. Yun moved to Jersey City from Nutley about a year ago. Det. Connors has been here for years. [/quote]
I think Yun is use to a better quality of life coming from Nutley, and perhaps he can bring some of that to the Heights ... Connors is use to the same $HIT! Also Yun has been the most vocal of keeping the street sweepers, have not heard too much from Connors. [/quote]

Your argument makes no sense. And seeing as how Mr. Yun has been voting in Jersey City for the last 30 years......just saying. And like MDM has pointed out, Mr. Yun fought like hell against the new Stop and Shop which would have brought badly needed ratables. Mr. Yun's argument against the Stop and Shop was that it would kill business on Central Ave. What business pray tell? Also as head of the CASID he does play a part in promoting Central Ave. We have had in the neighborhood of 30 empty stores , some in excess of 10 years.

You need to make a better argument other than because he lived in Nutley & Connors is used to the same old same old. Many of us have lived here all our lives & are fighting like hell to improve things. [/quote]

Also, name something Connors has some besides jump around from team to team depending on who gives him the best chance to advance his career? [/quote]

You obviously weren't around for those Stop and Shop meetings. They were not looking for an abatement. The school came about when SCC came in and declared the ever famous Eminent Domain & promptly went bankrupt. Now we will have a school built that will probably be too small by the time it is completed (because it is calling to accomodate the same number of students it was supposed to over 8 years ago) and no ratables. Damn shame because we really need a decent supermarket up here. Oh well.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 2:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/21 19:34
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
[/quote]

Interesting, why user1111 would you choose Mr. Yun over Det. Connors? Mr. Yun moved to Jersey City from Nutley about a year ago. Det. Connors has been here for years. [/quote]
I think Yun is use to a better quality of life coming from Nutley, and perhaps he can bring some of that to the Heights ... Connors is use to the same $HIT! Also Yun has been the most vocal of keeping the street sweepers, have not heard too much from Connors. [/quote]

Your argument makes no sense. And seeing as how Mr. Yun has been voting in Jersey City for the last 30 years......just saying. And like MDM has pointed out, Mr. Yun fought like hell against the new Stop and Shop which would have brought badly needed ratables. Mr. Yun's argument against the Stop and Shop was that it would kill business on Central Ave. What business pray tell? Also as head of the CASID he does play a part in promoting Central Ave. We have had in the neighborhood of 30 empty stores , some in excess of 10 years.

You need to make a better argument other than because he lived in Nutley & Connors is used to the same old same old. Many of us have lived here all our lives & are fighting like hell to improve things. [/quote]

Also, name something Connors has some besides jump around from team to team depending on who gives him the best chance to advance his career?

Posted on: 2013/1/24 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Having a modern Super Stop N Shop 2 blocks from my apartment would have been awesome. I wouldn't have to drive down to the A&P and my wife could grocery shop at a full service market without having to wait for me (she doesn't drive).

I cringed when the State seized the property....

Posted on: 2013/1/24 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
This guy is the reason we still have a dirty old Stop N Shop on Central Ave. I was at the city meetings years ago when he crashed the meeting with a slideshow about how a new Stop N Shop would make the Heights dirty, full of traffic, and increase crime.

Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

ExUWSguy wrote:
Any thoughts on Mr. Yun's qualifications, as compared to Fulup's candidate Sean Connors?

I think Yun is a smart choice for the Heights, IMO.

Interesting, why user1111 would you choose Mr. Yun over Det. Connors? Mr. Yun moved to Jersey City from Nutley about a year ago. Det. Connors has been here for years.

I think Yun is use to a better quality of life coming from Nutley, and perhaps he can bring some of that to the Heights ... Connors is use to the same $HIT! Also Yun has been the most vocal of keeping the street sweepers, have not heard too much from Connors.

You need to make a better argument other than because he lived in Nutley & Connors is used to the same old same old. Many of us have lived here all our lives & are fighting like hell to improve things.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

ExUWSguy wrote:
Any thoughts on Mr. Yun's qualifications, as compared to Fulup's candidate Sean Connors?

Interesting, why user1111 would you choose Mr. Yun over Det. Connors? Mr. Yun moved to Jersey City from Nutley about a year ago. Det. Connors has been here for years.

I think Yun is use to a better quality of life coming from Nutley, and perhaps he can bring some of that to the Heights ... Connors is use to the same $HIT! Also Yun has been the most vocal of keeping the street sweepers, have not heard too much from Connors.

You need to make a better argument other than because he lived in Nutley & Connors is used to the same old same old. Many of us have lived here all our lives & are fighting like hell to improve things.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 23:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

ExUWSguy wrote:

Posted on: 2013/1/23 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

ExUWSguy wrote:

Posted on: 2013/1/23 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wasn't Yun was the guy who fought like hell to keep out the Stop N Shop?

Posted on: 2013/1/23 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ExUWSguy wrote:

Posted on: 2013/1/23 18:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/6 17:44
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/1/23 18:48

Michael Yun for Council - Heights Ward D
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Newsstand owner first certified candidate in Jersey City election

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
January 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Michael Yun, the owner of a Central Avenue newsstand, is the first candidate in Jersey City?s May city election to have his candidacy certified by the City Clerk?s office.

City Clerk Robert Byrne said today Yun filed the requisite petitions to run for the Ward D City Council seat.

Yun, who heads the Central Avenue Special Improvement District, is unaffiliated with a slate for now. He will run against Assemblyman Sean Connors, who is running for the Ward D seat on Councilman Steve Fulop?s ticket.

Bill Gaughan, the council?s current Ward D rep, announced earlier this month he will not seek a sixth term on the nine-member body. Gaughan is the city?s longest-serving council member.

The mayoralty and all nine council seats are up for grabs in the May 14 election.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ertifie.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/1/23 7:01

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017