Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: garbage pickup
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Gotta give a +1 to the JCIA today. Gave them a call (with not much hope of a solution) about various items WM refused to take that I've been stockpiling for years, like leftover half bags of thinset cement or a piece of rusted chainlink fence with a piece of tree growing through it. that even the metal guys wouldn't take.

"Put it out, I'll have a truck stop by". Less than 2 hours later it was all gone. Unbelievable! Bravo JCIA!

Posted on: 2011/10/12 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jangie wrote:
If I have garbage composed of books that I no longer read nor want, would that be better placed for garbage pickup, or for recycling?

If the books are still readable, why not donate them instead of throwing them away? Grace Van Vorst Church accepts used book donations.

Otherwise, I'd at least try to recycle them - tear off the covers if they're hardback. (JCIA says nothing about regular books but they do take phonebooks...)

Quote:

As a side question, if I have a CRT TV that I no longer have need for, would JCIA pick that up on a normal garbage day? I noticed one of my neighbors put their tv out on the curb, but it sat there for a few days before being brought back closer to their building.

You need to call JCIA first and they'll give you a date to put out your tv, usually the next scheduled trash/recycling day on your street.

Posted on: 2011/10/12 14:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jangie wrote:
if I have a CRT TV that I no longer have need for, would JCIA pick that up on a normal garbage day?

Thanks!

You have to call the Incinerator Authority ahead of time to arrange pickup of TV's or other electronic devices. I have a bunch of dead microwaves, TV's, CRT monitors to get rid of myself.

Posted on: 2011/10/10 16:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/10 16:29
Group:
Registered Users
If I have garbage composed of books that I no longer read nor want, would that be better placed for garbage pickup, or for recycling?

As a side question, if I have a CRT TV that I no longer have need for, would JCIA pick that up on a normal garbage day? I noticed one of my neighbors put their tv out on the curb, but it sat there for a few days before being brought back closer to their building.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2011/10/10 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Call JCIA. I believe it's free.

http://www.jciaonline.org/wastes.php

Through its contractor, Waste Management, JCIA is responsible for the collection and disposal of all residential and small store waste not exceeding six garbage cans per collection day. Curbside collection is provided twice a week, including holidays.

Bulk waste removal (appliances, furniture, etc.) is also collected during these two pickups. We do require that you notify Jersey City Incinerator Authority at (201) 432-4645 ext. 600, to schedule a bulk waste pickup.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 11:23

garbage pickup
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/18 18:35
Group:
Registered Users
will they pick up a couch if you place it on your curb? or do you have to call waste management and have a special pick up? do you have to pay extra for the special pick up?

Posted on: 2011/6/16 1:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017