Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Tree Cutting on C Columbus
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/15 12:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JcNDlovingIT wrote:
You silly fools.

Whoever spoke to the parks department must have used a cup and string. It's pretty plain to see that the trees right in front of Dixon are not being cut down, in fact the contractors are working hard (it seems) to work around the existing trees.

I spoke with Steven Fulop, emailed him this string and he has responded somewhat. I believe he has contacted the parks department.

JcNDlovingIT are you calling yourself a silly fool?... because your post is foolish.

Uhm..I live in Dixon Mills and they cut four trees down right in front of my eyes- along the parking lot fence on C Columbus between Brunswick and Monmouth so get your facts right. The city responded and the project manager left me a vmail explaining the situation. I have yet to respond because I have been out of the country but the city has been great in following up. Perhaps after my call they decided to save some of the trees I still have to follow up with them....

Posted on: 2008/11/11 13:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/16 23:22
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
You silly fools.

Whoever spoke to the parks department must have used a cup and string. It's pretty plain to see that the trees right in front of Dixon are not being cut down, in fact the contractors are working hard (it seems) to work around the existing trees.

I spoke with Steven Fulop, emailed him this string and he has responded somewhat. I believe he has contacted the parks department.

Posted on: 2008/11/11 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
The trees I'm thinking of (the maples on the south side of Columbus between Monmouth and Varick) are still there. I haven't been on the block between Monmouth and Brunswick to see. I've heard that the city is planning to improve the "streetscape" on Columbus. New sidewalks, resurfacing, etc. Not sure when work is set to begin, or if removing/replacing trees is part of the plan.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 23:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If anyone else lives around here (or not) I urge you to call and complain. Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 14:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks I spoke with Linda in the Mayor's Office and she is going to speak with Parks Dept to make sure this is sanctioned. It was a private company and they weren't trimming but completely cutting them down. So depressing. I will let you know if/when I hear back.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 14:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't seen that end of CC but I know they are trimming trees on Barrow too. I thought it was because Verizon has been around putting in VIOS.

I would call the mayor's action bureau at 201-547-5000. You can also call and try to speak with David Donnelly, he is a deputy mayor who has been pretty responsive in the past.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 13:51

Tree Cutting on C Columbus
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
They are putting new curb cuts and sidewalk in starting with the western end of Christopher Columbus. They are also cutting EVERY tree down in their path. I live in Dixon Mills and my outdoor space overlooks C Columbus. The medium size trees provided some street/noise cover. Is there somewhere I can complain to? I wonder if they are planning to cut every tree down on C Columbus in their way. The area already looks atrocious enough!

Posted on: 2008/11/6 13:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017