Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New forum: President 2008
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/28 23:53
From Moved to Dallas TX
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Look for the guest appearance of JC's favorite son near the end !

Now that's funny but why would they want Healy in that??? Not too many outside of JC knows who he is.

Posted on: 2008/7/20 12:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Time for some campaignin'

Look for the guest appearance of JC's favorite son near the end !

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/owner/4UxEhcH5Les1hkd3

Posted on: 2008/7/19 4:29
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I actually thought that "multiple repetitive posts by a few" was directed at Ron Paul supporters and fine if it was. As a Ron Paul supporter, I see no value in multiple "Ron Paul 2008" posts.

I see the disclaimer as honest disclosure that the webmaster personally supports Ron Paul, the website also does with free or subsidized ads, and the webmaster may post as "Falcon". Obviously, most people here don't support Ron Paul and unless the webmaster is censoring folks who don't support Ron Paul (very unlikely IMO) I think it's not a problem. Maybe there's confusion about what "this website supports Ron Paul for President" means.

Quote:

brian_em wrote:
I think having a forum for the election is a good way to pool all the political discussion into one place instead of having it spread through numerous posts.

But, by going out and saying that the website openly supports one candidate... Won't that somewhat influence or even degrade the concept of an "open forum" ?

I think by saying the website is Pro one way or another, might stop people who are opposed to that chain of thought from posting their ideas on this site, thus making it a somewhat biased forum.

Posted on: 2007/12/4 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I agree that that is a poor choice of words -- fine you back John Paul but the website is an open forum and we are all part of that.

Quote:

brian_em wrote:

But, by going out and saying that the website openly supports one candidate... Won't that somewhat influence or even degrade the concept of an "open forum" ?

I think by saying the website is Pro one way or another, might stop people who are opposed to that chain of thought from posting their ideas on this site, thus making it a somewhat biased forum.

Seems obvious that the website supports Paul. His ad has been on the top of the page since I've been here. The statement was made in the context of full disclosure and I don't take issue with it. I have no problem with posting positions that are in disagreement with the website. Man up, guys. If you find that intimidating, you should stay out of politics.

Posted on: 2007/12/3 5:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Ron Paul!!!

Posted on: 2007/12/3 4:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I agree that that is a poor choice of words -- fine you back John Paul but the website is an open forum and we are all part of that.

Quote:

brian_em wrote:

Posted on: 2007/12/3 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
I think having a forum for the election is a good way to pool all the political discussion into one place instead of having it spread through numerous posts.

Posted on: 2007/12/3 3:42

New forum: President 2008
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
Experience tells us that for the next year this will be a hot topic so we have decided to add this new forum to the "Other than Jersey City, NJ" Message Forum. In this section you are expected to be on topic, polite, and constructive with your posts.

As an experiment in this new "President 2008" forum we will enforce additional guidelines:
1. We consider Presidential elections to be a serious issue.
2. We will not tolerate ridicule, unsubstantiated attacks, off color jokes, multiple repetitive posts by a few, name calling, posts void of content, bumps, or anything that is an obvious attempt to manipulate public opinion based on fiction or propaganda.

I realize that these new rules are largely subjective. In other forums we will continue to be lenient but for the Presidential Election 2008 we wil be strict with the rules in an attempt to keep this website focused on Jersey City, NJ and have discussion that is fair and honest.

I will start a new Topic for Congressman Ron Paul and invite others to do the same for the candidates they want to discuss.

Full Disclosure: I support Congressman Ron Paul for President, this website supports Ron Paul for President, I also post under the username "Falcon".

Posted on: 2007/12/2 23:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017