Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Robs cabbie, then flees into Montgomery Gardens public housing complex
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Lovely Montgomery Gardens. How nice, an environmentally conscious thief. 5:17AM though? AM? Are there really restaurants serving chicken at that hour over there? And who leaves their vehicle running, unattended over in that part of town? Stupid!

GrovePath wrote:
Robs cabbie, then flees into complex
Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Jersey City cabbie who had stopped at a chicken restaurant yesterday was robbed at knifepoint by a man who then ran off into the Montgomery Gardens public housing complex, officials said.

At 5:17 a.m., the 39-year-old cab driver left his cab running in front of the restaurant, on Montgomery Street across from the housing complex, and went in to order food, reports said.
When he stepped out to check on the car the robber asked him for a ride across town, reports said. The cabbie told him to wait by the taxi, saying he would drive him as soon as he got his food, reports said.

When the cabbie peeked out a second time he saw the man reach into his cab and turn it off, reports said, adding that the man said: "You are wasting gas." The robber then took out a large knife, walked over and said "Don't let me do it, man. Give me your money," reports said.

The taxi driver handed over $135 and the man ran across Montgomery Street and disappeared into the housing complex, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE[/quote]

Posted on: 2007/7/24 11:47

Re: Robs cabbie, then flees into Montgomery Gardens public housing complex
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This would have to be the most dangerous job in JC - being a taxi driver working after midnight in JC.
It should be that all taxi's are installed with video cameras - for driver and passenger safety.

Posted on: 2007/7/24 11:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Robs cabbie, then flees into Montgomery Gardens public housing complex
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Robs cabbie, then flees into complex
Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Jersey City cabbie who had stopped at a chicken restaurant yesterday was robbed at knifepoint by a man who then ran off into the Montgomery Gardens public housing complex, officials said.

At 5:17 a.m., the 39-year-old cab driver left his cab running in front of the restaurant, on Montgomery Street across from the housing complex, and went in to order food, reports said.
When he stepped out to check on the car the robber asked him for a ride across town, reports said. The cabbie told him to wait by the taxi, saying he would drive him as soon as he got his food, reports said.

When the cabbie peeked out a second time he saw the man reach into his cab and turn it off, reports said, adding that the man said: "You are wasting gas." The robber then took out a large knife, walked over and said "Don't let me do it, man. Give me your money," reports said.

The taxi driver handed over $135 and the man ran across Montgomery Street and disappeared into the housing complex, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2007/7/24 8:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017