Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: adult soccer leagues in JC?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/14 0:14
Group:
Registered Users
Barsenal team is looking for a female player with good soccer skills. We have 6 guys and a girl - all with good skills, stamina and commitment to the game. If you have got what it takes to win it all, send me an email at dineshpal@gmail.com and we could arrange for you to try to join our team

Later

Posted on: 2009/8/13 4:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
umestazzuele - The standard in the HASL league is really not that high, I wouldn't be concerned.

They have an Open league which is co-ed and takes people of all abilities, perhaps the game you saw was in the "premier" HASL league, which is for "males with advanced soccer skills".

Join the open league, if you have ever played before, there will very likely be worse players than yourself in your team.

Robin.

Posted on: 2007/7/7 21:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
sounds good to me!

Posted on: 2007/7/7 16:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/20 3:05
Group:
Registered Users
Hi.
Please Join the North New Jersey CO-ED Soccer PickUp Group. We play in LSP On Sundays @ 4:30pm

http://pickupsoccer.meetup.com/136/

Posted on: 2007/7/7 14:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i went down to hoboken on tueday to watch a couple of the HASL matches. looked like mostly ex-college athletes. pretty high level of play all-around. on their website (which is painful to look at) it says they're looking for goalkeepers (what i played in high school) and that you don't have to meet the residency requirement or pay any fee so i might drop them a line and see if they still need any. still also want to go check out that NY coed soccer league.

Posted on: 2007/7/5 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Here are the options I know about:

1. Hoboken league
http://hobokenadultsoccer.com
Play in Sinatra Park in Hoboken. You have to have prove you live in Hoboken to play.

2. Grace Church
http://soccerlearningcenter.com
Tuesday and Thursday night "soccer aerobics", in a small gym.

3. JCFC who play in the Garden State league.
They practice Wednesdays in Lincoln park and welcome folks to come down and join in, but you have to be reasonably good to get in the team.

Robin.

Posted on: 2007/7/3 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The soccer field in Sinatra park in Hoboken looks like it's open to the public. I see some organized games every now and then but I think we can probably play in there.

Anyone know if there's a schedule somewhere?

Posted on: 2007/7/3 15:05

adult soccer leagues in JC?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i know there's been a million of these threads, but i can't seem to find any so here's another...

it's summer and the weather is beautiful and i want to play some soccer! i am by no means a great soccer player, but i love playing and it's a great way to get a workout while doing something fun.

when i used to live in pittsburgh a bunch of us would converge at CMU every sunday and play for a couple hours. it was awesome. thing is i'm somewhat new to the area and the few people i do know in JC don't seem too stoked on the idea of getting together on a regular basis to play.

so this where i reach out to you JClisters and your infinite wisdom. do you know of any adult soccer leagues in the area that i could join? i would prefer something in the vicinity of downtown so i could walk, but i'm getting desperate enough that i'd be willing to travel. i'm not even sure where there are any soccer fields in JC, but i do know there's one on river road in hoboken where i've seen people playing.

i was even considering joing the NY coed soccer league, but their summer registration is already full and it costs $135.

Posted on: 2007/7/3 14:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017