Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
53 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 53

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 107 New York Ave - Zoning Board Meeting at City Hall 2/20
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heightsrepman wrote:
A Bayonne box with a driveway cutout would not benefit global warming or the housing crisis. Neither will a 75 unit, 75 parking space building.

The 75 units will so help the housing problem. And without parking the NIMBY's will kill it dead. There is nothing so sacrosanct in JC as street parking, mess with it at your peril.

Parking>housing crisis, global warming or transit expansion

Posted on: 2020/2/27 18:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 19:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kdub wrote:
The zoning board hearing for 107 NY Ave is now scheduled for Wed 3/11 at 6:30pm at city hall.

is that official? do you have the notice?

Posted on: 2020/2/27 18:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/10 4:36
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The zoning board hearing for 107 NY Ave is now scheduled for Wed 3/11 at 6:30pm at city hall.

Posted on: 2020/2/26 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heightsrepman wrote:
A Bayonne box with a driveway cutout would not benefit global warming or the housing crisis. Neither will a 75 unit, 75 parking space building.

Agreed, insomuch as less (or no) parking would be better.

Posted on: 2020/2/25 22:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

heightsrepman wrote:
https://nextdoor.com/post/137728958?init_source=copy_link_share

Hi everyone!

This Thursday, Feb. 20th at 6:30 p.m., there will be a Zoning Board meeting held at City Hall reviewing the proposal of the warehouse on 107 New York Ave. In October, there was a meeting to oppose the plans of the 18-story apartment building. Now, it is at 6 stories, which I think is still too high for our low-rise community. I know people have responsibilities and things more important going on, but a building like this that goes unchecked can have a lot of negative effects. By speaking directly to the Board, our public opinions can sway their vote of approval.

The hearing was scheduled for Feb. 6th, but was postponed to the 20th. Attached is the notice of the initial hearing my household received from the client's lawyer. The plans are available for public viewing as seen in the letter. Their list of requests prove they refuse to adhere to the neighborhood's zoning rules unless people speak up and oppose them.

Please consider going to the meeting! Public opinions are important to the development of these types of plans. If an apartment building were to go up, it should benefit our community, not inhibit it.

I hope to see you there!

What garbage. We have an affordable housing crisis and climate change that necessitates as much density as possible and these idiot NIMBYs do everything possible to stop it. Not only that, it would add to the ratable tax base too. The only thing acceptable to these morons would be a Bayonne box with a driveway cutout.

Posted on: 2020/2/25 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heightsrepman wrote:

Hi everyone!

This Thursday, Feb. 20th at 6:30 p.m., there will be a Zoning Board meeting held at City Hall reviewing the proposal of the warehouse on 107 New York Ave. In October, there was a meeting to oppose the plans of the 18-story apartment building. Now, it is at 6 stories, which I think is still too high for our low-rise community. I know people have responsibilities and things more important going on, but a building like this that goes unchecked can have a lot of negative effects. By speaking directly to the Board, our public opinions can sway their vote of approval.

The hearing was scheduled for Feb. 6th, but was postponed to the 20th. Attached is the notice of the initial hearing my household received from the client's lawyer. The plans are available for public viewing as seen in the letter. Their list of requests prove they refuse to adhere to the neighborhood's zoning rules unless people speak up and oppose them.

Please consider going to the meeting! Public opinions are important to the development of these types of plans. If an apartment building were to go up, it should benefit our community, not inhibit it.

I hope to see you there!

What garbage. We have an affordable housing crisis and climate change that necessitates as much density as possible and these idiot NIMBYs do everything possible to stop it. Not only that, it would add to the ratable tax base too. The only thing acceptable to these morons would be a Bayonne box with a driveway cutout.

Posted on: 2020/2/20 1:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/20 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
It's being rescheduled again, date TBD.

Posted on: 2020/2/19 21:31

107 New York Ave - Zoning Board Meeting at City Hall 2/20
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Hi everyone!

I hope to see you there!

Posted on: 2020/2/19 16:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017