Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC police officer charged with assault
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
I am taking the position that this is a good thing for everyone involved, except the guy hit with the missile I hope he is O.K. Its a good thing for the JCPD since now they can fire this guy before he gains a toe hold on the force. Its a good thing for the citizens since it will show the PD is quick to respond when it becomes clear one of their own is the wrong sort for the job. Its good for the rest of the cops on the force since the public's trust in them will be greater when it becomes clear that the bad cops are quickly removed, leaving only those who can be trusted. Its even a good thing in the long run for the officer in question. He was not going to have a decent life living under the illusion that there are no consequences for drunken violence. Its going to be a hard lesson for him to learn but on the other hand he will have to acknowledge that he alone brought him to the place where he was drunk and violent in a bar, and he alone must pay the price for his actions.

All of the positives you listed are predicated on the officer being fired. As of right now, he is on modified duty. There is no guarantee he will be fired or pushed out.

Posted on: 2015/12/19 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I am taking the position that this is a good thing for everyone involved, except the guy hit with the missile I hope he is O.K. Its a good thing for the JCPD since now they can fire this guy before he gains a toe hold on the force. Its a good thing for the citizens since it will show the PD is quick to respond when it becomes clear one of their own is the wrong sort for the job. Its good for the rest of the cops on the force since the public's trust in them will be greater when it becomes clear that the bad cops are quickly removed, leaving only those who can be trusted. Its even a good thing in the long run for the officer in question. He was not going to have a decent life living under the illusion that there are no consequences for drunken violence. Its going to be a hard lesson for him to learn but on the other hand he will have to acknowledge that he alone brought him to the place where he was drunk and violent in a bar, and he alone must pay the price for his actions.

Posted on: 2015/12/19 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I just copied the comment, I didn't write it on nj.com. And I'm sure that there are countless similar examples going back to Hague. I don't put this on Fulop at this point.

Posted on: 2015/12/19 13:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Gotta love the comments on nj.com

"Drunk, disorderly and injuring someone else? He shouldn't be a Jersey City police officer. He's highly qualified for City Council though, in a Fulop administration."

Let's not forget that Healy's one son, who is a member of the JCFD, was involved in what was termed as a domestic assault in Hoboken. Tsk, tsk drunk AND bullying a woman.

When Healy had that massive lay-off around 2011ish, the only department not hit was the fire department. Reason, the last class in would have the least amount of seniority so they would be the first group let go. One guess whose two sons were in that last class.

Now as for the council membership, let's review some of the ex-mayor's cronies: Gaughan & Brennan were booze hounds & Flood had dementia.

We get it Monroe, you don't like Fulop but some facts you cannot rewrite.

Posted on: 2015/12/19 12:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Didn't our ex-Mayor's (Healy) relative join the JCPD after being drunk and committed on offense in another PD to get a job with us?

Maybe this guy's career isn't over just yet and can apply for a job at another PD?

And then we ask ourselves why there is such a poor relationship between cops and citizens!

The JCPD did / do a poor job of vetting recruits and I have no doubt other (new recruits) JC cops will be caught out making an ass of themselves and the police reputation

Posted on: 2015/12/19 8:25
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Gotta love the comments on nj.com

"Drunk, disorderly and injuring someone else? He shouldn't be a Jersey City police officer. He's highly qualified for City Council though, in a Fulop administration."

Posted on: 2015/12/19 0:05

JC police officer charged with assault
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ron Zeitlinger | The Jersey Journal

An off-duty rookie Jersey City police officer has been charged with aggravated assault after authorities say he threw a beer glass at another customer at a Downtown city bar Wednesday night.

More

Posted on: 2015/12/18 23:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017