Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Historic Preservation Commission Saves St. Peter’s Buildings from Wrecking Ball
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
If the Jesuits liken themselves as Real Estate Developers, then the Jesuits can pay for it! I'm not sure how that works if they don't? What happens to any other property owner that doesn't maintain a building classified as historic?

Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
If you remember, The Apple Tree house was at one time in horrendous shape. I remember that pigeons were living in it beacuse there were hole in the roof. That has since been totally restored.

So who is going to pay for this rehab?

Their job is education, and they do a good job on this one aspect. Personally, it is those activists who will go to meetings to stop a building from being destroyed and also go to another meeting to say "separation of church and state" to apply for funds to restore it. It is total hypocrisy. I know people in Hoboken to were upset when the college received funds for the bridge on Kennedy Blvd. That bridge actually is saving students' lives so they don't run into the streets as many did when changing classes.

Posted on: 2022/6/13 16:01

Re: Historic Preservation Commission Saves St. Peter’s Buildings from Wrecking Ball
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
If the Jesuits liken themselves as Real Estate Developers, then the Jesuits can pay for it! I'm not sure how that works if they don't? What happens to any other property owner that doesn't maintain a building classified as historic?

Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
If you remember, The Apple Tree house was at one time in horrendous shape. I remember that pigeons were living in it beacuse there were hole in the roof. That has since been totally restored.

Posted on: 2022/6/13 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:

Posted on: 2022/6/12 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The floor of the grammar school is sinking in. It is in very rough shape, so you cannot compare it to the Apple Tree House. The grammar school always had a history of replacing falling bricks in the structure back in the 1980s. As the floor caves in, the bricks pop out.

Posted on: 2022/6/11 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2022/6/10 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
From what I read earlier about the building, it is a wreck. So is it going to now sit vacant and deteriorate for years?

Posted on: 2022/6/10 13:39

Historic Preservation Commission Saves St. Peter’s Buildings from Wrecking Ball
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/27 19:45
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Two iconic buildings that have stood in downtown’s Paulus Hook neighborhood since Civil War times were once again spared demolition after a six-hour meeting of the Jersey City Historic Preservation Commission on Tuesday.

https://jcitytimes.com/historic-preser ... dings-from-wrecking-ball/

Posted on: 2022/6/9 2:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017