Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown: 15-year-old Ferris High School student escapes rapist with kick to groin (at 3:30 p.m)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder what, if any, precautions Ferris is taking right now in light of this event. I hope at the very least they are telling kids not to walk from school alone. This is so frightening. Back there, under that overpass is desolate. Who knows what would have happened to this girl if she didn't get away! I feel very proud of this young lady for having the strength and smarts to fight off her attacker. All of us women have to be extra vigilant now.

Posted on: 2011/6/8 15:34

Re: Downtown: 15-year-old Ferris High School student escapes rapist with kick to groin (at 3:30 p.m)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
So she noticed his height, color of his jeans and jacket, but not hair, eye or skin color? Thank you Jersey Journal for helping us be on the look out! (Is there a tongue in cheek icon?)

Posted on: 2011/6/8 14:52

Downtown: 15-year-old Ferris High School student escapes rapist with kick to groin (at 3:30 p.m)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Jersey City girl escapes attacker with kick to groin, police say Published: Wednesday, June 08, 2011, 3:00 AM By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal A 15-year-old student at Jersey City's Ferris High School who was dragged into a secluded area Monday by a suspected rapist fended off her attacker with a groin kick, officials said yesterday. The girl told police she left the high school at 3:30 p.m. Monday and encountered a man, at Seventh Street and Newark Avenue, who placed her in a choke hold and pushed her against a fence, reports said. She said the man ripped her shirt open and then violently spun her around and tore her pants, reports said. The man forced the girl into a secluded area under the New Jersey Turnpike near the Harsimus Cemetery on Newark Avenue, but she "was able to kick the actor in the groin, knocking him to his knees, where he screamed in pain," reports said. The girl ran to a friend's home, where the friend's mother called police, reports said. The girl was crying and disheveled and said "Someone tried to rape me" when police responded to a Pavonia Avenue home, reports said, adding the girl had only one shoe on and there was leaf debris in her hair. The victim described her attacker as about 6 feet tall, of medium build, and wearing light blue jeans and a brown hooded sweatshirt.

Posted on: 2011/6/8 13:12

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017