Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: $865 per month - Gracious Urban Living! WATERFRONT 1 bedroom CONDO!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
In an effort to find out how this scam works I emailed the alleged scam artist to extract the information we went back and fourth and on this third email he spelled it out for me:

If you are ready to proceed with this transaction I will need to inform you with the steps on how this service works and how we can make it happen. You will only have to deposit to Globe-Shipping-LTD the first month of rent $865 so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract. I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

1 - To start the process all I need is your full shipping info.
2 - I will go at Globe-Shipping-LTD to deposit the keys and the contract on your name as the intended receiver.
3 - Globe-Shipping-LTD will check the envelope to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership.
4 - Globe-Shipping-LTD will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the keys and the papers in their custody and that I am the real owner of the apartment I am renting to you, in which you will also have all the instructions to complete the Western Union transfer to the Globe-Shipping-LTD Agent.
5 - At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Location and make a money deposit on the Globe-Shipping-LTD Agent Name for the amount we agreed, the total amount you shall deposit for the first month of rent. www.globe-shipping-ltd.all.co.uk
6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the transfer information to Globe-Shipping-LTD.
7 - Globe-Shipping-LTD will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will proceed with the delivery of the keys and the contract.
8 - After you receive the package, you will go and check the apartment and in 5 days you must contact Globe-Shipping-LTD to inform them if you keep the apt or not and if all is in order you will instruct Globe-Shipping-LTD to send me the information about the money deposit and I will be able to receive the funds. If you don`t like the apartment they will be sending the money back to you and you will send back the keys and contract. Also pay the Western Union transfer fees from the total amount you need to deposit and send the rest in balance.

Let me know if we can move forward and e-mail me all your full name and shipping information so we can proceed with this deal. lewis.donnds@hotmail.com

Posted on: 2011/3/2 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
been flagged for removal. A whole lot of scams like this on craigslist.

Posted on: 2011/3/2 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
sounds like the awesome 1 bedroom i found in hamilton park for $950 and the "owner" lives conveniently in wisconsin, doing missionary work. right-o. i'll send him a western union or money gram immediately! lol

Posted on: 2011/3/2 8:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Also:

1. Minimum lease at the Pier House is one year, not one month.

2. $865 bearly pays the maintenance fee and property tax. A parking space is worth about $150.

3. The next lowest rent for the Pier House on Craigslist is $2000.

-------

I heard that people actually came to the door and asked about the ad.

Use your common sense.

Posted on: 2011/3/2 4:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
That building is the Pier House which is a great Paulus Hook development! The agency is obviously not local agency and has made a mistake which is typical of out of town brokers. Keep it local people......

The agency doesn't even know there logo is being used for this bogus CraigsList ad. If you go to the agency's website, you will see that they only deal with real estate in the greater Los Angeles and San Diego areas, and there is no agent by the name of Lewis Donnds there.

http://www.firstteam.com/agentofficesearch.aspx

Not to mention that there is no phone number or office address listed. Any legitimate real estate listing would have as much information as possible for you to contact the agent. "Keeping it local" is hardly the issue here. Well, maybe it is... keep your hard earned dollars at home and do not send them to some freak in Nigeria over the internet.

SCAM!

Posted on: 2011/3/2 4:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
That building is the Pier House which is a great Paulus Hook development! The agency is obviously not local agency and has made a mistake which is typical of out of town brokers. Keep it local people......

Posted on: 2011/3/2 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Man, that neighborhood sure has gone downhill since this:
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... d=264210#forumpost264210?

Posted on: 2011/3/2 1:37

$865 per month - Gracious Urban Living! WATERFRONT 1 bedroom CONDO!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Check this out! Waterfront rental for $865 in Paulus Hook. I wonder if I have to use Western Union to send him the rent?

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/apa/2234492214.html

Posted on: 2011/3/2 1:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017