Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Double-shooting leaves two 19-year-olds in critical condition

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/19 1:48
Group:
Registered Users
Crazy how Newark Nj has 11 murders in the city for 2010 and only the Greenville area of Jersey City has 11 murders as of now in 2010..

Mayor Healy and the Jersey City Police force are pathetic.. I love Jersey City but I am wondering if selling my home in Jersey CIty and purchasing a home half the price in Newark is the the smart move...

Posted on: 2010/4/12 5:51

Bergen Lafayette: Double-shooting leaves two 19-year-olds in critical condition
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Double-shooting in Jersey City leaves two 19-year-olds in critical condition

By Ken Thorbourne/The Jersey Journal
April 11, 2010, 1:40PM

Resized Image
Photo by Joe Shine
Police investigate scene of double-shooting at Halladay Street and Communipaw Avenue in Jersey City early Saturday.

Two 19-year-olds -- one from Jersey City, the other from West New York -- are in critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center after being shot in a dispute that stemmed from an argument over an ex-girlfriend, reports said.

The shooting took place at about 2 a.m. Saturday at Communipaw Avenue and Halladay Street.

The West New York man was shot twice in the right leg and once in the left leg, while the Jersey City man was shot once in the neck and once in the stomach. The injuries were not considered life-threatening, reports said.

Responding to a report of shots fired, police found the victims in a Chrysler mini-van that had crashed into a parked Ford Mustang and then ricocheted into two other cars while hurtling down Halladay Street going the wrong way, reports said.

A 20-year-old man told police he was sitting in the front passenger seat next to the 19-year-old Jersey City man when shots rang out, reports said.

At that point, he noticed the Jersey City man had been hit, so he pushed him into the passenger seat, and then jumped behind the wheel and tried to speed away, reports said.

The 20-year-old said the incident stemmed from an argument the West New York man, who was sitting in the back seat, had gotten into over his ex-girlfriend, reports said.

None of the men said they saw who did the shooting, reports said.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the police at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 1:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017