Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Hail of bullets kills 1, wounds 2; may be gang-related
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
On a very serious note though,

How much did Jersey City spend on the league of municipalities?

Other cities opted not to spend their city money.

If City employees wanted to go they had to use their own money I believe.

Does anyone out there know of other possible waste that other Jersey City agencies spend?

BTW, I was told that that man that is acting suspiciously mingling with the youth late at night was selling some sort of contraband yesterday morning he had a bunch of older people waiting on the corner of McAdoo and Rutgers.

(?????) It WAS the first of the month some people get their money on the first.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Salmonella,
Stop tickling my rocks!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/5/2 2:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 2:50
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Preposterous, there is no gang or crime problem in Jersey City, the mayor said so, now lets keep selling those condos, chop chop.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/5/1 23:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dontstealmyrocks wrote:
There have been reportings about possible gang activity for several yrs now.

Visit this Jersey City Gang Awareness site, and then call Ben Wilson, a JCPD detective who started the site.

I saw Wilson give a really scary gang talk at my daughter's school a couple of weeks ago. He talked about topics such as gang graffiti, gang colors (e.g., the kids wearing Kansas City Royals fans are trying to show that they're members of the Bloods or other gangs that hate the Crips, not that they love George Brett) and "signs."

I think, from listening to Wilson, that the police actually know a lot about what's going on with the local gangs.

If you talk to Wilson, maybe he can explain what you're seeing and tell you if there's anything you can do.

Posted on: 2008/5/1 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hello Greenville:

Yes, sadly this is true.

But!, when you see the city paying 23,000 (??) for conventions....

I'm reading a book you might want to read it: Fist, Stick, knife, Gun.

The author states that the youth WOULD be willing to work for minimum wage according to a study rather than to sell drugs.

But if there are no jobs available, then the only other option IS selling drugs but that should not have to be an option for them.

A city that can afford 23,000???? (I might be wrong on the amount) for ONE convention alone can afford to employ most likely many of the youth/young adults so they DON'T have to end up dead on a street corner over drugs.

Posted on: 2008/5/1 21:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
dontstealmyrocks: I applaud your care for our community and hope you will continue to help make it safer. The problem is that there are too few cops and not enough police stations to stop much of the crime that happens here. Before 9-11 crime was going down faster a rock down a hill because of the prosperity as people had good paying jobs and the fact that there was a focus on cutting crime with a budget to support it, but because of the huge recession a couple of months before 9-11 and then what happen after took the ENTIRE country downhill. As a result the federal government cut aid to states, states cut aid to city and so on. Our economy has recover but at a heavy price. Theres less money being spent of police because of budget constraints. Many good paying jobs have been sent overseas, illegal immigration also help to take jobs and lower wages for many of the people that live around here. Also wages have not kept up to inflation making life hard for most working class people. The incentive to get a real job has gone away for many disadvantage young kids as they see that living the thug life is more cool than been normal. All this contributes to the increase in gang activity, murders, and all the other crime which has gone up in the last couple of years. In order to stop this there has to be a lot to be changed and it doesn't stop at city hall. We need change at City hall, the state capital, and the white house!

Posted on: 2008/5/1 4:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There have been reportings about possible gang activity for several yrs now.

I've seen two beat downs several yrs. ago close to this area and wondered what the hell was going on, only to see that after they beat the crap after the kid they all hugged him with such comraderie.

This happened near the area were these murders occurred.

One time I saw a teen begging on his knees but there were no weapons, I didn't know what the hell was going on. But the teen seemed VERY afraid.

I noticed that this type of activity started right after 9/11 and the kids started wearing the same colors either black or white t-shirts w. blue jeans and hanging together at the same time, and always at the same place.

The other day there were some of these same teens that were taking pictures of themselves and doing some sort of hand signs. Of all ages from small kids to adult WEARING THE SAME THING/WHITE T SHIRTS AND BLUE JEANS the next time I saw them all, they weren't dressed the same...(Tag Day?)

I kept reporting this activity and now it's seems to be out of control if they are related.

I don't know how they seem to know that the police are coming or are in the area sometimes when I call they dissappear before the cops get there.

But I have seen some loitering on one of the side streets (Ludlow) on a one way leading to where they are, most of the time.

This is in the Rose, MCAdoo, Chapel, Shefield, Warner, and Rutgers Avenue also Triangle Park.

At first I heard the gang was called the little Rutgers then I heard their name was Young Rutgers.

Some just go up and down their bikes around all of these blocks, late nights and it's said that they are selling and hiding the drugs somewhere in the surrounding buildings.

I am told I don't know if it's true that in the winter time one of the landlords who manages these same buildings lets them loiter in the hallways to sell drugs.

They seem to be very organized.

I'm sick and tired of this crap going on here I worry for the other children that are here in the area.

In the Pearsall library I know that there is a group that hang out there but I don't know if they are of the same group.

The man that I've been reporting on that's been acting suspiciously tends to go to these young adults when they hang out late at night.

The kid that I saw begging on his knees was begging on this guys porch, with the guy just watching him from the sidewalk while another teen was over him saying something and punching him. This happened several months ago. I called it in but the cops NEVER CAME OUT.

Last night there were about 20 young adults one was arguing with this same guy (he's an older man, bald and his wife is very skinny they live I believe in the basement possibly an illegal apartment I don't know) some of the kids had black T shirts and jackets and blue jeans.
??????? Maybe you all can figure this out.???????

Posted on: 2008/5/1 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
2nd man dies in shootings

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A second man has died as a result of a possibly gang-related shooting early Saturday on Warner Avenue in Jersey City, authorities said last night.

Terrence Sumpter, of Jersey City, died at 5:30 p.m. yesterday at the Jersey City Medical Center after his family removed him from life support, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

An autopsy is be done today, DeFazio added.

Sumpter had suffered a gunshot to the head.

The third person hurt in Saturday's shootings was still critical condition but regained consciousness, DeFazio said.

At around 1 a.m. Saturday, Sumpter and the surviving man were found on Warner Avenue near Martin Luther King Drive, officials said. Nakwon Jeter, 21, of Grand Street was found shot to death on Warner Avenue near Kennedy Boulevard.

PAUL KOEPP

Posted on: 2008/4/30 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Stepped-up police patrols in Jersey City

by Paul Koepp
Monday April 28

Jersey City police are beefing up their presence on the streets in response to a recent spate of shootings.

Police Chief Tom Comey said today he began adding "crime suppression teams" to the city's South and West districts last Thursday.

While he would not release specifics, the chief said that the police presence in those areas would be boosted "substantially" during "critical hours," and that one of the units was the first to respond to a shooting Saturday that left one man dead and two others critically injured.

Comey said the department will try to deploy the extra resources in a "fiscally responsible" manner. "We can't be on every street corner every minute of the day. It's just not feasible," he said. "We're doing the best we can."

The surge in police patrols comes after two bullet-riddled weekends in Jersey City.
Nakwon Jeter, 21, of Grand Street, was shot in the head and killed early Saturday on Warner Avenue just east of Kennedy Boulevard. The two injured men, also shot in the head in the same incident, are still in critical condition at Jersey City Medical Center, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Also Saturday, six people were held up at gunpoint on Bidwell Avenue between King Drive and Bergen Avenue. Police arrested three Newark men in those robberies.

Three people were killed and two injured in three shootings in Jersey City the previous weekend.

Copyright 2008 Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2008/4/30 12:59

Greenville: Hail of bullets kills 1, wounds 2; may be gang-related
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hail of bullets kills 1, wounds 2; may be gang-related

Monday, April 28, 2008
By CRAIG GARRETSON
ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR

A 21-year-old Jersey City man was shot to death and two others critically injured in a fusillade of gunfire Saturday morning, authorities said.

Nakwon Jeter, of Grand Street in Jersey City, died after being shot in the head, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Two other men, whose names weren't released, also were shot in the head and are in critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center, DeFazio said.

Jeter's body was found on the north side of Warner Avenue just east of Kennedy Boulevard on Saturday sometime before 1 a.m., the prosecutor said. The other two victims also were found on Warner, but closer to King Drive.

"In close proximity to our homicide victim, a semiautomatic pistol was found," DeFazio said. "We're not sure if that weapon belonged to the victim or was left at the scene. It could very well be that it was the victim's, but we're going to have to do ballistics testing."

DeFazio said there also were "numerous shell casings" found in the area. He estimated at least 15 shots from at least two guns were fired at the three men, and "a number of individuals" were involved, who then drove away after the shooting.

"This does not appear to be a robbery," he said. "It may be gang-related."

Three people were killed and two others injured in three shootings around Jersey City last weekend, but DeFazio said it doesn't appear any of the shootings are linked. However, he added, the investigations are ongoing.

Posted on: 2008/4/28 12:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017