Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
169 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 169

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Journal Square: Bank robber suspects are nabbed at Lucky Bill's deli
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Quote:

nafco wrote:
this robbery reminds me of the husband and wife robbery in Pulp Fiction. Pretty much failed just as bad for them too.

Posted on: 2007/8/10 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'd want to change my clothes too, if I looked like this.

Resized Image

Picture of the hand made gun

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/8/10 13:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/27 19:59
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
this robbery reminds me of the husband and wife robbery in Pulp Fiction. Pretty much failed just as bad for them too.

Posted on: 2007/8/10 13:30

Journal Square: Bank robber suspects are nabbed at Lucky Bill's deli
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
2 suspects are nabbed at deli

Thursday, August 09, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Bank thief gets $15G - but not for long

A bank robber stole $15,000 from Provident Bank's Journal Square branch in Jersey City yesterday, but a bold bank manager trailed him until cops captured him a few blocks away, police said.

Police arrested Joseph Angelo, 32, and Suzanne Martini, 36, both of Jersey City, and charged them with armed bank robbery and weapons offenses, including manufacturing a handgun, police said.

Police said Angelo walked into the bank, at Bergen Avenue and Academy Street, yesterday afternoon and whispered to the teller that he had a gun, police said, adding that it was later found to be a fake. Angelo said "Give me the money out of your bottom drawer," and the teller handed over $15,000, police said.

When Angelo walked out, the bank manager followed him to Stuyvesant Avenue and Kennedy Boulevard while calling police on his cell phone, police said. Sgt. Robert Alvarez was in the area and he spotted Angelo discarding clothing before entering Lucky Bill's deli, where he met up with Martini, police said.

Deli manager Bobby Patel said he was stocking shelves in the back of the store when he heard what he thought was someone falling down near the front door. When he looked, he saw police officers had Angelo on the ground and were cuffing him, Patel said.

Martini was sitting at the counter and staring straight ahead, said Patel, who told police Angelo and Martini were together before they took her away.

Store worker Victor Benitez said he walked out of the stockroom and was shocked to find police taking two people away.

"'What's going on?' I said," Benitez recounted afterward.

Angelo and Martini were taken back to the bank and later driven away in the back seats of separate police cars. Police said the money was recovered.

Posted on: 2007/8/10 13:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017