Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Director of JC Dept. of Housing, Economic Development & Commerc appointed county clerk
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Netchert appointed county clerk

Jersey Journal
June 29

Gov. Jon Corzine announced this morning the appointment of Barbara Netchert as County Clerk.

Netchert, the director of the Jersey City Department of Housing, Economic Development and Commerce, won the Democratic primary in June to run for the post in November for a full five-year term.

“It’s amazing,” Netchert said this morning after receiving a phone call about the appointment. “I thought I would be walking around in total elation. But I have a melancholy side because I’m leaving (my work) family. On the other hand I’m excited about the new venture."

Netchert, 57, has been a Jersey City government official for 17 1/2 years. She was named HEDC director in October 2005 and before that headed up the Jersey City Redevelopment Agency.

Netchert is scheduled to be sworn in tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. at the Brennan Courthouse in Jersey City, officials said.

JCRA Executive Director Robert Antonicello will be asked to head up both HEDC and the JCRA on an interim basis, officials said.

Corzine had the right to appoint the clerk since no elected incumbent occupied the office, officials said.

The previous elected clerk, Javier Inclan, left the post in January to work in Corzine’s intergovernmental affairs office.

Inclan was replaced by his deputy Mary Jane Desmond, who ran and lost to Netchert in the Democratic primary.

Ken Thorbourne

Posted on: 2007/6/29 12:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017