Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Sign Posts smacked in the middle of the sidewalk
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
I suspect these ones are placed so far in from the curb because the first set of them were too close to the curb and have been knocked down all over town by trucks.

The sad thing about these Destination Jersey City signs is they were all paid for with private and grant money, but once they went up, the city took over their maintainance. However, Jersey City being what it is, the city refuses to fix or maintain the signs. I'm told that the Destination JC people had money to hire private contrators to maintain them, but the city refused on some sort of political grounds.

Posted on: 2007/6/14 21:24

Re: Jersey City Sign Posts smacked in the middle of the sidewalk
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/14 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Some of the signs are wrong too. There's one of those new signs on Summit Ave. when walking towards the Five Corners Library that is not placed correctly, so the arrows to the locations are not pointing in the right direction.

my boyfriend heard the guys who were installing the sign asking each other if the sign was right because one of them didn't think it was. They just ended up shrugging their shoulders and saying something along the lines of 'we'll just put the sign up like we were told and not worry about if it's wrong.'

Posted on: 2007/6/14 18:21

Jersey City Sign Posts smacked in the middle of the sidewalk
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I almost walked into a Jersey City sign post at Bergen and Montgomery. It was almost in the middle of the sidewalk in front of the Check Cashed place. Do you see all the new red/maroon and blue sign posts all over town? The ones about historical sites and not so historical sites. They put them in the middle of the sidewalks. There are so many sign posts already everywhere. Do we need another one? Who actually look at these Jersey City sign posts?

Posted on: 2007/6/14 17:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017