Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

JJournal: Police investigating Jersey City Buildings Division

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/20 2:42
Group:
Registered Users
Police investigating Jersey City Buildings Division

The Jersey City Division of Buildings is under investigation by the Police Department, which has spent three days reviewing records and copying checks and documents, Police Chief Tom Comey confirmed today.

Neither the public nor employees were allowed access to the Buildings Division office, at 30 Montgomery St., for several hours in the morning on Friday, Monday and yesterday so that police officers from the Special Investigations Unit could conduct their investigation, Comey said.

Comey would not comment on the specific nature of the investigation, nor would he say if any money, checks or documents were discovered missing. He also would not say what prompted the investigation.

?Right now I can only say that the Special Investigations Unit is handling the situation,? Comey said.

The Buildings Division, which is part of the Department of Housing, Economic Development and Commerce, is in charge of issuing building permits and certificates of occupancy and also is in charge of all building inspections.

One contractor said when he arrived at 30 Montgomery St. Friday morning to conduct some business he was told no one was being allowed in the buildings offices and a number of inspectors who arrived for work and could not get into their offices were milling around in the lobby.

City spokesman Stan H. Eason said the division is also undergoing a reorganization under the supervision of Director Ray Meyer.

By Earl Morgan
http://www.nj.com/newslogs/jjournal/i ... hives/2007_03.html#244212

Posted on: 2007/3/15 1:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017