Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Healy tells Obama: Need gun controls
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Law abiding citizens need to have their right to self-defense respected. Our mayor is a habitual drunkard and that normally denies people the right to carry, or even purchase, firearms.

The notion that such a flawed person is attempting to further deny law abiding citizens their self-defense rights is odd; at best.

Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Healy tells Obama: Need gun controls

Friday, February 02, 2007

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy chatted with one of the Democratic Party's brightest stars last week when he met Illinois Sen. Barack Obama during a mayors summit in Washington, D.C., that called for tougher federal gun control laws.

"Meeting with Sen. Obama, and later with our local senators, Robert Menendez and Frank Lautenberg . gave me a unique opportunity to emphasize how the federal government does play a role in fighting this problem, the violence that erupts on our streets due to the other illegal destruction of firearms," Healy said.

Healy also spoke to the presidential hopeful about the "hardships" that federal cuts to the public housing budget is causing.

"I can understand why he is considered a leading (presidential) candidate," Healy said about Obama. "It's great we have another ear in Washington for when we need to make a call for assistance."

Hosted by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, the gun summit was held Jan. 22 to 25. More than 100 mayors participated, said Healy, one of 15 mayors who met in April to organize the event.

KEN THORBOURNE

Posted on: 2007/2/3 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Friday, February 02, 2007

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy chatted with one of the Democratic Party's brightest stars last week when he met Illinois Sen. Barack Obama during a mayors summit in Washington, D.C., that called for tougher federal gun control laws.

"Meeting with Sen. Obama, and later with our local senators, Robert Menendez and Frank Lautenberg . gave me a unique opportunity to emphasize how the federal government does play a role in fighting this problem, the violence that erupts on our streets due to the other illegal destruction of firearms," Healy said.

Healy also spoke to the presidential hopeful about the "hardships" that federal cuts to the public housing budget is causing.

"I can understand why he is considered a leading (presidential) candidate," Healy said about Obama. "It's great we have another ear in Washington for when we need to make a call for assistance."

Hosted by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, the gun summit was held Jan. 22 to 25. More than 100 mayors participated, said Healy, one of 15 mayors who met in April to organize the event.

KEN THORBOURNE

Posted on: 2007/2/2 14:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017