Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: minivan or suv car service
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I have had some really bad experiences with local car services that were booked ahead of time but failed to show up at the pre-arranged time. After the last experience, which resulted in missing an overseas flight and the company owner being a total ass and refusing to accept responsibility, I vowed to never to go through the same again.

My suggestion would be to NOT sweat the idea of requesting an UberXL or UberSUV the morning of your trip. If for some reason you are unable to request such a vehicle, you can always call for two cars and have the group travel to the airport in two cars. The total cost will be about the same, certainly within $10, and DEFINITELY cheaper than any local car service, or the quoted reservation price you mentioned.

Excellent suggestion. I was thinking to drive my car and leave it at one of those $8 a day private parking lots on 1 & 9 near Budweiser with airport shuttle but my return flight is at JFK. I was thinking worst case to order Uber black SUV for $100-120 last minute but I really like your idea of 2 regular cars. Just ran a real time request on Uber and Lyft for now and can have an XL car in 30 min from Uber for $31 and $33 from Lyft. Just have leave little early I guess. Not sure why XL reservations ahead of time is not supported in our area. thanks again for that 2 car idea. Brilliant.

Posted on: 2018/12/19 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
I have had some really bad experiences with local car services that were booked ahead of time but failed to show up at the pre-arranged time. After the last experience, which resulted in missing an overseas flight and the company owner being a total ass and refusing to accept responsibility, I vowed to never to go through the same again.

My suggestion would be to NOT sweat the idea of requesting an UberXL or UberSUV the morning of your trip. If for some reason you are unable to request such a vehicle, you can always call for two cars and have the group travel to the airport in two cars. The total cost will be about the same, certainly within $10, and DEFINITELY cheaper than any local car service, or the quoted reservation price you mentioned.

Posted on: 2018/12/19 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
That's about right for the local car service. A local car service sedan is/was about $35 + tip to EWR. (Once Uber came along and gave the same ride for $19-ish, I'm sure they suffered.) So, the $80-ish for an suv sounds about right.

Posted on: 2018/12/19 13:12

minivan or suv car service
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

Did some searching but can't find thread on it here. Could you guys recommend a car service that has a minivan or an SUV to take 3 people to Newark Airport from downtown JC. Normally I don't need a big car but have 2 long snowboard bags filled with gear and some luggage.
Can't reserve an Uber XL or Lyft XL ahead of time for some reason(no issue with normal uber). I can request one on the fly but don't want to chance it by ordering one last minute. Can reserve Uber black SUV but cost is $118! vs UberXL $30 in real time request. Called up a local car service and got quoted $82.

Posted on: 2018/12/18 18:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017