Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Good Aircon guy?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/5 1:44
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Clear the condensate drain. If it's no gravity drained make sure the condensate pump is working. They do condensate , make sure you don't discharge on a walkway or side of the building. I'd feel bad taking your money. Borrow a compressor and blow out the line if it's clogged. Simple DIY. Or call your handyman.

Posted on: 2016/8/21 23:36

Good Aircon guy?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/22 0:57
From Hamilton Park, Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Living in this weather with no aircon, or letting the aircon slowly destroy the paintwork on the walls kind of sucks. Anyone know a good, reliable, affordable guy who can work on Mitsubishi ductless wall units at an affordable price?

We have split unit ductless heat/aircon pump - the kind with the big condensors on the roof and the little wall mounted units in the house.

Since we moved in most of the units have ocasionally dripped when its super humid if we have them on quiet fan speed and one clearly has a blocked line, and will pour water if run for a few minutes.

We've cleaned the filters, etc, ourselves, and dont need someone to do the basics, but we've tried 2 different HVAC recommendations from friends, one from one of the HVAC guys who turned up, and one from the manufacturer.

All have turned up and either not had tools to fix, missed the appointment or not left time to actually do anything other than look at them.

The manufacturers guy wanted 1600$ for what, as far as I can tell, is going to involve wrapping some insulation around the units pipes and innards, and blowing compressed air down the blocked pipe to clear it.

Cheers!

Posted on: 2016/8/21 15:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017