Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The other side of Mayor Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I disagree with Fulop over Downtown. I lived there for over 40 years. It was sketchy in the 1960s and 1970s due to the riots. Yet even then it never had the crime and drug dealing you find in Greenville. The only problem block was Wayne St, then. Today, parts of Ward F and A have total drug dealings on almost every block.

Agree 100%. I feel no safer now than I did 30 years ago. I do appreciate the new stores and the much cleaner streets. I guess it's easier to rewrite history than to make it.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop seems to have quite a disdain for JC List.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I disagree with Fulop over Downtown. I lived there for over 40 years. It was sketchy in the 1960s and 1970s due to the riots. Yet even then it never had the crime and drug dealing you find in Greenville. The only problem block was Wayne St, then. Today, parts of Ward F and A have total drug dealings on almost every block.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Saying there are shootings every night, that is not true. It doesn?t stop people from posting whatever they want, which is unfortunate. People have to keep things in perspective, 25 years ago downtown was in bad shape ? it was the most unsafe place in the entire city and it has slowly changed. When people say it?s one side of the city versus the other, it bothers me. Anyway, keep going?

...So is he saying that the decent people who live in the Greenville section should just accept the fact that there are frequent shootings, sexual assaults, etc.? If the entirety of Jersey City had that kind of crime, it certainly wouldn't be the 'safest' city in NJ. And quite frankly, if I lived in Greenville, I wouldn't care that downtown has a low crime rate because it's irrelevant.

work on the LES and from time to time I hang out after work for happy hour and I heard more gun shots there then I have ever heard at home... two of my coworkers live there and both were mugged there, I was never mugged here. Anywho I think you are missing the point. but great interview though.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Saying there are shootings every night, that is not true. It doesn?t stop people from posting whatever they want, which is unfortunate. People have to keep things in perspective, 25 years ago downtown was in bad shape ? it was the most unsafe place in the entire city and it has slowly changed. When people say it?s one side of the city versus the other, it bothers me. Anyway, keep going?

...So is he saying that the decent people who live in the Greenville section should just accept the fact that there are frequent shootings, sexual assaults, etc.? If the entirety of Jersey City had that kind of crime, it certainly wouldn't be the 'safest' city in NJ. And quite frankly, if I lived in Greenville, I wouldn't care that downtown has a low crime rate because it's irrelevant.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 1:38

The other side of Mayor Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Lynn Hazan: Next question: ?As a Jersey City native, I would have to ask the mayor serious questions. There is nothing funny about the crime in Greenville. I?m sorry, but the people of the new downtown need to realize what ?downtown? used to be. Everyone on Grove thinks that Jersey City is so perfect. Meanwhile every night just up Montgomery there are shots going off like it?s going out of style?kids starving, girls being sexually assaulted, drugs on every corner, murders on the rise?let?s talk about ?Real Jersey City.?

Resized Image

Mayor Fulop: I am going to tell you something that is really interesting about that. People put on blogs and websites exactly that sort of stuff which is factually not true. Jersey City is the safest city in New Jersey by far. It is relative to every urban area for most of our peers in our country as being safer. If you look at the number of shootings and homicide rates, those are all trending down.

Full Interview

Posted on: 2015/5/9 1:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017