Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Worth it to fight street cleaning ticket in court?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
You can show up and say, yes, I parked, I'm so sorry, but it's an extreme hardship to pay $50 (dress for court and be respectful). If you do show up and they find you guilty, I believe you end up with your ticket costs PLUS court costs.

They can read BS excuses from a mile away so avoid those - and I've seen some judges tear people up when the BS gets thick. You can always make a payment plan and just pay the $50 in increments.

Make sure you get a receipt and proof of payment of the ticket. KEEP THIS - for a while. These things sometimes don't get recorded in the municipal computers correctly.

You are lucky you didn't get two parking tickets for the same thing at the same time. I've seen that happen in good old Jersey City.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
You can show up and say, yes, I parked, I'm so sorry, but it's an extreme hardship to pay $50 (dress for court and be respectful). If you do show up and they find you guilty, I believe you end up with your ticket costs PLUS court costs.

They can read BS excuses from a mile away so avoid those - and I've seen some judges tear people up when the BS gets thick. You can always make a payment plan and just pay the $50 in increments.

Make sure you get a receipt and proof of payment of the ticket. KEEP THIS - for a while. These things sometimes don't get recorded in the municipal computers correctly.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 16:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/27 16:18
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah it was a good ticket. Which is why I was interested if anyone else got a 'good' ticket but still managed to get the fine reduced by showing up. $50 is a lot for a student.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Was it a 'good' ticket? On what grounds would you claim you were improperly ticketed??

Posted on: 2015/4/21 15:27

Worth it to fight street cleaning ticket in court?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/27 16:18
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
I recently got a street cleaning ticket ($50) and was wondering if its worth it to fight it in court. I'm moving soon and not currently employed so time is not an issue.

Heard that the fine gets reduced just for showing up with any old excuse - is that true?

Thanks for the advice.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 15:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017