Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Politically-connected firm gets grant-writing contract again
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Tall weeds on this one. Possibilities for corruption? Sure. But personally, I don't think awarding to the lowest bidder on grant writing is any more appropriate than for picking a surgeon. And I'll bet finding a contractor for this WITHOUT political ties ain't easy. Quote:
Stringer wrote:

Contract renewal questioned Politically-connected firm gets grant-writing contract again

by           Al Sullivan Reporter staff writer  February 15, 2015
The City Council has awarded a $271,000 one-year contract for grant writing and other services to Millennium Strategies over the objections of members Michael Yun and Richard Boggiano. The firm, which already does business with Jersey City and a number of municipalities including Bayonne, was founded by former aides to Rep. Bill Pascrell, and was not the lowest bidder for the contract.

At the council’s Feb. 10 meeting, Boggiano asked how the firm was selected by Jersey City when it was not the lowest bidder, and pointed to the company’s connections to a number of out-of-county political figures.

“I want to know how this firm was selected when it came in with the high bid,” Boggiano said.

City officials said bids were reviewed by a committee of three city workers and the evaluation was based on past experience. The company, they said, was responsible for bringing in large grants over the last few years, more than making up for the cost of services.

Read more:  Hudson Reporter - Contract renewal questioned Politically connected firm gets grant writing contract again

Posted on: 2015/2/15 20:38

Politically-connected firm gets grant-writing contract again
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Contract renewal questioned Politically-connected firm gets grant-writing contract again

by           Al Sullivan Reporter staff writer  February 15, 2015
The City Council has awarded a $271,000 one-year contract for grant writing and other services to Millennium Strategies over the objections of members Michael Yun and Richard Boggiano. The firm, which already does business with Jersey City and a number of municipalities including Bayonne, was founded by former aides to Rep. Bill Pascrell, and was not the lowest bidder for the contract.

At the council’s Feb. 10 meeting, Boggiano asked how the firm was selected by Jersey City when it was not the lowest bidder, and pointed to the company’s connections to a number of out-of-county political figures.

“I want to know how this firm was selected when it came in with the high bid,” Boggiano said.

City officials said bids were reviewed by a committee of three city workers and the evaluation was based on past experience. The company, they said, was responsible for bringing in large grants over the last few years, more than making up for the cost of services.

Read more:  Hudson Reporter - Contract renewal questioned Politically connected firm gets grant writing contract again

Posted on: 2015/2/15 20:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017