Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City man calls in 14 false fire reports, faces unprecedented penalty
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
no doubt he has a mental health problem that will be ignored for a fine or short period in prison ... whatevers the most cost effective will be implemented.

personally I would hope that the judge would order him to undergo some psychological help and then community service

Posted on: 2015/1/31 21:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Jersey City man calls in 14 false fire reports, faces unprecedented penalty
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Patrick McGovern | The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY -- A city resident is facing unprecedented legal action from the Jersey City Fire Department for calling in numerous false fire reports, officials announced today.

Vincent Garrison, 33, called in false reports of a fire 14 times over an eight-month period between April and November of 2013, the city said in a press release.

Garrison was arrested and pleaded guilty to three counts of false public alarm in Hudson County Superior Court in August and agreed to pay $13,500 restitution.

While the city received its first payment this month, the money will go toward fire prevention, firefighter training and the purchase of new equipment. Garrison was also sentenced to five years probation.

This marks the first time time in Jersey City's history that the fire department is taking legal action against a resident for calling in false fires.

"Making our city safer is not just about bringing crime down and putting more police on the street, but it's also about educating our residents on fire safety and how dangerous just one false fire call can be," Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop said in the press release.

"Whenever a false fire is called in, firefighters are diverted from real emergencies, endangering the public and costing taxpayers significantly," Fulop added.

According to the press release, starting in April 2013, Garrison began calling 911 and reporting incidents at multiple addresses along Second Street in Downtown Jersey City. Garrison would report either smoke coming from the building or a building collapse, both of which are extremely serious conditions.

More

Posted on: 2015/1/31 17:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017