Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: More than 40 restaurants to participate in largest Hudson Restaurant Week
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmiz wrote:
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
This year's new additions include sports bar 6th Borough in Jersey City, New American-style restaurant Amelia's Bistro, as well as Laico's, McLoones Pier House, Waterside Caf? and White Star Warren.

That's a little misleading. Amelia's was on the list a few years ago, then dropped off. Now they're back, and get free advertising for it.

Good to see Laico's on there. Maybe it'll get people out of 07302 (probably not).

Normally, I am not a huge fan of this "restaurant week" events. I find most places set up a smaller menu of a few "signature" items. Those items are prepared and cooked in larger quantities to satisfy the expected demand, and the overall result is a lesser version as compared to a la carte, regular menu ordering. In any case, I have heard from some people that Edward's usually does a great job. As for Amelia's, I have said it before: one of the most overrated restaurants in JC. When I first moved here 8+ years ago, I made it a point to visit based on all the various recommendations and it was SUCH a disappointing meal. Often described as romantic, and delicious, it was neither. At best, it was just uninspired.

I keep hearing great things about Laico's so I am tempted to hit them up during this period, but I think I may stick to the regular menu (any recommendations!?) and there are a few notable places in that list:

- Batello's (excellent food and ambiance, with proper, friendly service)
- Waterside (a guido wonderland, like stepping into a filming set for The Sopranos [goomahs wearing furs, older men trying to court or pick up sexy things in LBDs, pinky finger rings, etc] but the food is surprisingly good, the drinks are stiff and they have a KILLER view)
- Porto Leggero (easily the most under the radar restaurant in JC: excellent food and service, in a refined space, and normally fairly pricey)

Posted on: 2015/1/20 14:20

Re: More than 40 restaurants to participate in largest Hudson Restaurant Week
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
This year's new additions include sports bar 6th Borough in Jersey City, New American-style restaurant Amelia's Bistro, as well as Laico's, McLoones Pier House, Waterside Caf? and White Star Warren.

That's a little misleading. Amelia's was on the list a few years ago, then dropped off. Now they're back, and get free advertising for it.

Good to see Laico's on there. Maybe it'll get people out of 07302 (probably not).

Posted on: 2015/1/20 12:25

More than 40 restaurants to participate in largest Hudson Restaurant Week
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
More than 40 restaurants to participate in largest Hudson County Restaurant Week

By Steven Rodas | For The Jersey Journal
January 19, 2015 at 3:21 PM

The largest Hudson County Restaurant Week is merely days away, offering discounted prix-fixe dishes from a variety of local eateries from Jan. 26 to Feb. 6.

Read more:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ost_largest_hudson_c.html

Posted on: 2015/1/20 7:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017