Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: trying to find a good home for my dog
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/21 20:12
Group:
Registered Users
Also, post your situation on the DOGJC facebook page. It's a popular, active page and you'll be reaching a huge portion of Jersey City's "dog people" all at once.

Posted on: 2015/1/10 13:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 20:05
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
thanks Ill give them a shout.

Posted on: 2015/1/9 15:18

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/7 6:29
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
If you're not already familiar with them, I'd reach out to See Spot Rescued, a local dog rescue in downtown Jersey City. I'm not sure if they'd be able to help, but these guys are great at what they do and it's worth a shot. You can get more info about them at k9dergarten on Newark Avenue.

https://www.facebook.com/seespotrescued

Posted on: 2015/1/9 6:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Please do not relinquish him to LHS, the place is a hell hole.

Posted on: 2015/1/8 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
The LHS adoption contract requires you to relinquish your pet to the shelter if you adopted through them.

I'd hire a dog walker to take your dog out daily and even on weekends. There are tons of walkers who provide different types of services (daily hikes, group walks, boarding, etc.)

Posted on: 2015/1/7 23:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I suggest that instead of giving him away that you look for a dog walker and/or maybe a friend with a dog where you can come to an arrangement (you watch their dog when you travel, they watch your dog when you travel, etc.).

Posted on: 2015/1/7 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

xyz12345 wrote:
good morning.

im trying to find a good home for my dog. he is healthy, up-to-date on shots, well behaved, and loving.

he was adopted from liberty humane about 3 years ago at 6-months old. unfortunately i have since gotten divorced and don't think hes getting the attention/care he deserves. Due to my long work hours, consistent work travelling, and current living situation, i think i'm the last person in the world who should be taking care of a dog. I would never take him to a shelter but he is just not getting the attention he deserves, so i'm trying to find him a better home.

he is a good boy. any referrals or help would be appreciated.

a few images: http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t ... 1/imag3e_zps78ad2868.jpeg

some stats:

breed: mix: mastiff/pit/?
loves: fetch, swimming in the hudson or at the beach, liberty state park, hikes, going on runs
he is good on walks, has no issues at the vet, and rarely barks
weight: around 65 pounds
knows: sit, roll-over, stay
other: He goes to club barks when I travel and he has never had an issue. However, he does not play nice with every single dog in the world so needs supervision around other dogs due to his size/strength. He does not like cats.

he is a good boy. As I said, he will NOT be going to a shelter but I think he deserves a better life so I thought Id give this a shot. any referrals or help would be really appreciated.

I'd try NOLA Furry Friends Safe Haven Shelter. But ultimately as long as he doesn't go to a kill shelter that is good!

Posted on: 2015/1/7 16:07

trying to find a good home for my dog

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 20:05
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
good morning.

im trying to find a good home for my dog. he is healthy, up-to-date on shots, well behaved, and loving.

he was adopted from liberty humane about 3 years ago at 6-months old. unfortunately i have since gotten divorced and don't think hes getting the attention/care he deserves. Due to my long work hours, consistent work travelling, and current living situation, i think i'm the last person in the world who should be taking care of a dog. I would never take him to a shelter but he is just not getting the attention he deserves, so i'm trying to find him a better home.

he is a good boy. any referrals or help would be appreciated.

a few images: http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t ... 1/imag3e_zps78ad2868.jpeg

some stats:

breed: mix: mastiff/pit/?
loves: fetch, swimming in the hudson or at the beach, liberty state park, hikes, going on runs
he is good on walks, has no issues at the vet, and rarely barks
weight: around 65 pounds
knows: sit, roll-over, stay
other: He goes to club barks when I travel and he has never had an issue. However, he does not play nice with every single dog in the world so needs supervision around other dogs due to his size/strength. He does not like cats.

he is a good boy. As I said, he will NOT be going to a shelter but I think he deserves a better life so I thought Id give this a shot. any referrals or help would be really appreciated.

Posted on: 2015/1/7 15:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017