Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
52 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 52

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Merseles St Redevelopment Plan
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/29 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
Surveyors are at the 416 1st St property today. No idea how long that means until construction begins, but it's a step closer to the property between 2nd and 3rd getting started

Quote:

cocopele wrote:
Tino,
I have no experience using or working with a redevelopment plan, but I do have some insight on the plans for the area you're asking about.

sillycorp is correct in the assumption that they want to build another Crescent Court style condo building. I don't think the delay has anything to do with the other buildings along 2nd street holding out though. It has to do with financing.

The Crescent Court property was owned by the same people. They sold it to Hovnanian and then Matzel & Mumford built the project. This time around they want to build it themselves. The issue is they have no experience with such projects and therefore have been unable to secure funding to get the project off the ground. They also own the garage/building at 416 1st street where Krank used to be and the woodworker has his space (the white space of B4 and 9 along 1st st).

The plan as far as I understand it is to build a condo at the 416 location in the same kind of idea that is 418 and 420 1st street. Then as that building sells, use the money and experience to start the larger project.

So long story short, it is going to be a while.

Quote:

sillyscorp wrote:
it seems like there is a new building going in right across from the school (about midway on 3rd btw mersalis and colgate - I would say block 58 or 59 on that map) - they have some of the foundation and plumbing in.

I have been under the assumption that they want to build another crescent court like condo building (like on 1st/ 2nd and mersalis) but that those few remaining houses are holding out and stalling?

I would love more info on whats going on in this area but the meetings are usually when I am still working

Posted on: 2014/12/19 14:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/29 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
Tino,
I have no experience using or working with a redevelopment plan, but I do have some insight on the plans for the area you're asking about.

sillycorp is correct in the assumption that they want to build another Crescent Court style condo building. I don't think the delay has anything to do with the other buildings along 2nd street holding out though. It has to do with financing.

The Crescent Court property was owned by the same people. They sold it to Hovnanian and then Matzel & Mumford built the project. This time around they want to build it themselves. The issue is they have no experience with such projects and therefore have been unable to secure funding to get the project off the ground. They also own the garage/building at 416 1st street where Krank used to be and the woodworker has his space (the white space of B4 and 9 along 1st st).

The plan as far as I understand it is to build a condo at the 416 location in the same kind of idea that is 418 and 420 1st street. Then as that building sells, use the money and experience to start the larger project.

So long story short, it is going to be a while.

Quote:

sillyscorp wrote:
it seems like there is a new building going in right across from the school (about midway on 3rd btw mersalis and colgate - I would say block 58 or 59 on that map) - they have some of the foundation and plumbing in.

I have been under the assumption that they want to build another crescent court like condo building (like on 1st/ 2nd and mersalis) but that those few remaining houses are holding out and stalling?

I would love more info on whats going on in this area but the meetings are usually when I am still working

Posted on: 2014/11/21 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 2:51
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/18 15:47

Merseles St Redevelopment Plan
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/10 23:12
From Henderson Yards
Group:
Registered Users
JC has a ton of redevelopment plans on its website that range from very old (Holland Tunnel 1958) to fairly recent. Does anyone know what, if anything, the city does with them? Are they just to facilitate new development or does the city actually take action to redevelop areas?

The main reason I ask is that I live near the Merseles St Redevelopment area, and the wasteland at 3rd and Merseles (formerly the White Rose laundry service) is an eyesore in the otherwise nice area of the Village. I'm going to reach out to Candice Osborne in hopes that she can do something to motivate the land owner, but I wanted to see if anyone has had experience using a redevelopment plan in the past.

Merseles St Plan

Posted on: 2014/11/18 15:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017