Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: tennis practice for senior player
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Sudip Bhattacharya

For senior citizens who still view themselves as athletes and still have that competitive fire burning inside them, the first annual Jersey City Senior Games might be exactly what they need.

The games, which will start on Oct. 24 and last through Oct. 29, will include numerous events, pitting people over 50 against each other in basketball, billiards, track and field, and even line dancing. Olympic-style medals will be awarded.

In a news release announcing the event, Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop expressed his excitement over the creation of the event.

"Senior citizens are valuable members of our community and this will be a wonderful opportunity for them to show everyone what they can do," he said. "It is also a great way to keep our senior residents physically and socially active."

The events will be taken place throughout the city, at venues such as Pershing Field Community Center and Lincoln Park.

There will be a closing ceremony at City Hall on Nov. 9.

Those who are interested in participating should call the Jersey City Resident Response Center at (201) 547-4900. The deadline for registering is Oct. 20.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I have met some great players locally here in Bayside Park also in Lincoln Park, the last person I played with was 69 and he was awesome. Try here. Good Luck!

This is awesome! I am going to use this, thanks for posting.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have met some great players locally here in Bayside Park also in Lincoln Park, the last person I played with was 69 and he was awesome. Try here. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2014/9/29 12:13

tennis practice for senior player
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
My parents are coming to visit in October, and they are going to stay for 3 months. My father (74) plays tennis twice a week, and he wants to find someone to play during day (I work and I'm not sufficiently advanced to be his partner. In Hamilton Park, there are two tennis courts, and my first question is if he can use it and how during day when most people are at work. My second question is what would be a good way for him to find people to play with (or should I say play against?). Despite his age, he is in great shape, so I think he can play with people in a wide age range (but probably not with people in their 20s).

Posted on: 2014/9/29 12:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017