Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City woman brings home 'National Ms. 2014' pageant title
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I probably shouldn't, but I'll bite on this. These kind of competitions are anachronistic, but are struggling to stay relevant. It's like a big wang/nice guy competition. It's really all about the wang size - being nice is secondary.

Posted on: 2014/8/23 1:58

Jersey City woman brings home 'National Ms. 2014' pageant title
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City woman brings home 'National Ms. 2014' pageant title

By Julie Kayzerman | The Jersey Journal
August 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Joining the National Ms. 2014 Pageant late in the game and without a coach, Jeannette Josue was shocked when she received the crown.

The 36-year-old Jersey City resident recently won the contest for women ages 35 years and older after competing under the Nomi Network platform ? a non-profit organization that provides economic opportunities to survivors of human trafficking or those at risk.

The pageant, which recently crowned winners in the National Miss Teen, Miss, Ms. and Mrs. categories at The Fort Magruder Hotel & Conference Center in Williamsburg, Va. on Aug. 8, holds its winners responsible to "inspire others through the world of positive pageantry."

"It really came as a huge surprise," said Josue, who admits she didn't prepare for the competition but felt the national competition stands for everything she is.

"This pageant is about people who love and believe in humanitarian causes and volunteer work," Josue said. "I was looking for something to relate to and inspire others. I felt like (the pageant) was already me and wasn't something where I had to go out of my way to be what they're looking for."

When Josue was 17, she competed in her first pageant and won, giving her a scholarship to attend New York University and pursue an economics degree. She's stuck with the world of pageantry since, then but this crown might be her last.

Josue, who is recently engaged, said she wanted to "do one more competition before I put away the acrylic heels and sequin gowns."

She is currently a web TV reporter for MarblePlayTV and a video journalist for Truth Atlas.

The pageant consisted of five sections including fitness, a private interview, a fashion segment, an evening gown showing and a photogenic portion.

Now, Josue looks to do more for the community of Jersey City by working alongside Council President Rolando Lavarro. She will also continue to volunteer for New York Cares and New Jersey Cares and continue in her role as a spokesperson for Special Olympics, Best Buddies International, Solar Champion and Nomi Network.

"People always have a negative idea of Jersey City but a lot of who I am is because of Jersey City, so I'm very proud to take the title home and do more for my community," Jose said. "That's my number one goal throughout my reign."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... 4_title.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/8/22 16:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017