Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Best 5K in JC! TECCS Read, Write & Run - Liberty State Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Sile and Malms25 (I'm guessing you were both involved in putting on the race on Saturday). Well done again! What a nice day you had for it too. I continue to be impressed with the job you're all doing to make this a fun and exciting event. I couldn't stay very long for the post-race fun but I had a great time anyway. Didn't hurt that I scored a PR in the race, either.

Keep it up.

Posted on: 2014/6/23 12:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This is a really nice race. Small field (but growing) and a really fast, flat and scenic course. It should be USATF certified so you can set a genuine 5k PR here as long as it's not too hot out.

I am contemplating doing it for the 3rd year in a row - for my sake I hope they allow walk-up registration.

Posted on: 2014/6/20 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Malms25 wrote:
The lot closer to the terminal is free, but do you have to pay at the ferry lot which is closer to the event.

Get to the terminal lot early. If you roll up at 09:00 you will be out of luck and will have to pay.

Posted on: 2014/6/20 15:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/11 0:51
From Lincoln Park/Westside neighborhood
Group:
Registered Users
We have some amazing Tricky Tray items for raffle this year - come to the post-race festival and try to win a lottery ticket basket, an iPad mini, a Kindle Fire, an ice cream maker or a basket of wines from Central Ave Liquor.

Don't miss out!

Posted on: 2014/6/20 1:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The lot closer to the terminal is free, but do you have to pay at the ferry lot which is closer to the event.

Posted on: 2014/6/20 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
is there any FREE parking in LSP near this event? I know those lots are not ALWAYS pay lots (because I've been so lucky on occasion!) but not sure what the schedule is.

Posted on: 2014/6/19 14:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/17 1:22
Group:
Registered Users
The Ethical Community Charter School (TECCS) in Jersey City will dedicate its third annual "Read, Write & Run 5K" on Saturday to a boy who died in a pool earlier this year in Florida.

Calder Sloan, a 7-year-old Florida boy better known by his family and friends as "Mr. Awesome," was electrocuted by high voltage from a pool light on April 13, a week after his seventh birthday.

"The Read, Write, Run 5K is happy to dedicate this year's race to Calder and his Mr. Awesome campaign," said Tracy Reinholt, the director of the race.

The Mr. Awesome campaign started with Calder's portrait, which he drew before he died, being displayed on a digital screen outside the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.

Family friend Jim Cahill then began a social media campaign with the drawing, which led to Miami Heat basketball player Chris Bosh, Florida Sen. Bill Nelson, and TV journalists helping spread the news. The self-portrait was even displayed on the JumboTron in Times Square.

Now TECCS will put the self-portrait on their race t-shirts.

A TECCS mother, who is friends with Sloan's parents, came up with the idea of dedicating the race to him. She wanted to keep his legacy alive and promote pool safety so that accidents like Sloan's don't happen to other children.

"I think it is a way for The Ethical Community Charter School to be involved with something very important and help share important pool safety information with the community," she said.

"I think it's just such an important message to send," TECCS Principal Marta Bergamini said.

Bergamini has discussed the importance of dedicating the race to Sloan and pool safety with the school's students.

"We talked about being safe in any swimming you do this summer, Bergamini said.

Registration for the race is open until Friday at readwriterun5k.com. The cost is $25 for the race and $5 for the quarter mile children's race.

The 5K begins at 9:30 a.m. and the children's race will follow at 10:30 a.m. at Liberty State Park. All day activities, food, and live music will follow.

The first 300 registered runners will receive a free t-shirt and goodie bag.

Proceeds will go towards the school's budget for the 2014 to 2015 school year.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... in_pool.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/6/19 1:33

Best 5K in JC! TECCS Read, Write & Run - Liberty State Park

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Get outdoors and join the Jersey City community for a great run past the best skyline view in the world!

Register for the
3rd Annual TECCS Read, Write & Run 5K
Saturday, June 21, 2014
8am-2pm

Full Family-Friendly Festival to Follow (food, kid activities, tricky tray raffle, and more!)

Adult Race begins at 9:30am and the Kid Race begins at 10:30am
USATF Certified Course

For more information & to register visit: ReadWriteRun5k.com

Posted on: 2014/5/12 23:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact