Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bogus ticket?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hey VV2015 this may sound like a bizarre story but it is true. (only in JC) Years ago a guy in my hood paid to park his car in a private lot next to an apartment house. It was a big lot but not all of it was for parking there was a lot of open space. Well every once and a while someone who couldn?t find a spot on the street in the middle of the night would just pull into the lot and park for the night. They would move their car early enough so the absentee landlord would not do anything. Although the guy who paid did complain about the illegal parkers but the owner just didn?t care.

Well the guy would pick up any discarded/faded tickets anytime he saw one in the street and save them. Whenever he saw someone parked in the lot illegally he would put a ticket on the cars windshield. I don?t think he filled anything in on the ticket. It was all just to screw with illegal parkers even if it was just for a second or two when the illegal parker first saw the ticket. It was satisfaction for him seeing the illegal parkers face. (if U tube was around I am sure it would have been a hit)

I wonder if the guy who owns the driveway didn?t want to call the cops on you or knew they probably would not give you are ticket for being 6 inches over but wanted to screw with you. Hence the faded ticket. People are strange when it comes to driveways. (and monthly rental parking) Good luck.

Posted on: 2013/8/26 17:26

Edited by neverleft on 2013/8/26 17:50:38

Re: Bogus ticket?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Only piece I can help with is that sometimes it takes a few days for the ticket to show up on the website. It all depends on when the writer of the ticket processes it on his end.

But that seems like too much time based On Your account. Sounds fake!

Good luck!

Posted on: 2013/8/26 16:49

Bogus ticket?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
I got a fairly bizarre parking ticket that I am questioning the validity of - not just whether it was a legal ticket but whether it's even real. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I got a ticket for "blocked driveway." I took a picture of the car as I found it with the ticket to prepare to fight the ticket in court, because I was "blocking" approximately 6 inches of a 20 foot driveway. Weirder still the writing on the ticket was in very washed out, faded pencil that was barely legible. It seems to say that the ticket was given at 3:37 AM. It hadn't rained between that time and when I found the ticket at approx. 10 AM so I don't know why the writing looked so faded/washed out. I figured since you could barely make out the license plate written on it that might also help my case; I've fought tickets on similar grounds before.

However, this was not one of those pre-printed tickets (like for street cleaning) that lists the court date so I went on the NJMC site to get more info -and it can't find my ticket in the system. So I've been sitting on it for a couple of weeks now waiting for them to send me the missed court notice thing to see if the numbers match and to schedule a court date, and... I haven't gotten one. The ticket is from 7/19 so based on past experience I should have gotten a notice by now.

So we have:

1. A ticket given for dodgy reasons
2. Extremely faded barely legible writing
3. ticket not in system at njmc website
4. no missed court date notice

I will probably call about it later but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this kind of experience. I have another bizarre ticket at home, same deal with the faded writing and this one is for "signs posted 7/31" except it was issued on like 8/3 when whatever signs they were referring to had already been taken down, and this was in a legal spot on the weekend when there are no restrictions.

Posted on: 2013/8/26 16:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017