Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City police say tip leads to loaded handgun in park where kids play
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
To the person who gave the tip to Police about the gun.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/1 1:30
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Jersey City police say tip leads to loaded handgun in park where kids play
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City police investigating a tip on a robbery found a handgun in the grass at Bayside Park on Garfield Avenue, reports state.

Police responded to the park around 8 p.m. Monday on a tip that a handgun used in a robbery was located in the park, reports state.

In the grass near a fence in the center of the park, police found a black and silver .45-caliber handgun, reports state. The handgun, a semiautomatic pistol, was loaded with three bullets in the magazine, reports state.

The handgun?s serial number was checked through computers and was listed as recently reported stolen, reports state.

Yesterday, chaperones of a local day care voiced their concerns about a gun being recovered at a park they visit ?at least once a week.?

?It?s not surprising,? said Jason, who requested not to give his last name. ?It?s sad, but it?s not surprising.?

Fellow chaperone Brenda Black added: ?It?s surprising for me. I?ve never heard anything like that before and I?ve been coming here for two years.?

The two chaperones and dozens of children played in the park yesterday, just yards from where the gun was recovered. Despite the gun?s recovery, Black said that the incident was isolated and doesn?t believe it will affect the day care?s habit of frequenting the park.

?I don?t worry about it too much since it happened at night,? Black said.

?If it happens again, maybe we?ll think about it.?

Posted on: 2013/7/31 20:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017