Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 2 men shot on Lexington Avenue in Jersey City; 1 in critical condition: officials
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
It's stuff like this that makes my off- leash crusade seem stupid.

I agree.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 18:26

Re: 2 men shot on Lexington Avenue in Jersey City; 1 in critical condition: officials
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
It's stuff like this that makes my off- leash crusade seem stupid.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
Another burden to the taxpayers.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 13:01

2 men shot on Lexington Avenue in Jersey City; 1 in critical condition: officials
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ron Zeitlinger/The Jersey Journal

Two men were shot this afternoon on Lexington Avenue in Jersey City, and one of the men is in critical condition, authorities said today.

Joe Shine, a Jersey Journal freelance photographer who was a block away when the shots were fired, said one man was shot in the chest and the other man shot in the foot. Both men were taken to the Jersey City Medical Center by EMS and paramedics.

The 22-year-old, who was shot in the chest, is in critical condition, while the 20-year-old, who was shot in the foot, is in stable condition

The shooting occurred at 4 p.m. today, witnesses said, when a man fired into a crowd that was outside 11-15 Lexington Avenue. Police at the scene said that a number of shell casings were found near a basement door of the building. The shells were all the same type, leading police to belive this was the act of one gunman.

More information from the Jersey City police was not immediately available.

A 26-year-old woman who lives in a basement apartment on Lexington said the shooting occurred 100 feet from her apartment.

"I was scared. I got on the ground with my 4-year-old son," the woman said. "I came out and I saw people running. We hear gunshots almost every single day."

A 60-year-old woman said "people are drinking and doing drugs outside" every day. "You can't live here anymore."

State Assemblyman Charles Mainor, who is also a police detective, was outraged by the latest shooting.

"This is just more proof of what we need," Mainor said at the scene. "We have to come together as a community. We are losing the war. We need peace."

Police at the scene said they don't have a description of the gunman and were still investigating if the victims were the intended targets.

Jersey Journal Staff Writer Michaelangelo Conte contributed to this report.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 11:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017