Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City driver tells police he was blinded by driving rain when he struck pedestrian
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The worst case-senario could have been much worse eg. school kids crossing the road. I bet then the 'blinded by rain' excuse wouldn't pass for police not to investigate or fine.
If the pedestrian was at fault then a fine for jay-walking should apply and any repairs to the car should be paid by them.
This is a case of negligence - either the motorist or pedestrian screwed-up and be made accountable

Posted on: 2013/6/4 2:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Jersey City driver tells police he was blinded by driving rain when he struck pedestrian
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
What is the relative value of school kids vs people from the Bronx?

Posted on: 2013/6/4 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If you're blinded by rain, then you stop and pull over - The driver should be fined and charged for dangerous driving; imagine if it was school kids crossing the road and it was a red light - would the drivers excuse still apply ?

Posted on: 2013/6/3 23:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Jersey City driver tells police he was blinded by driving rain when he struck pedestrian
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

John Ambrosio/The Jersey Journal
Around 7:40 this morning, 30-year-old Bronx resident was struck by a a vehicle that was turning south onto Kennedy Boulevard from Glenwood Avenue in Jersey City, according to police reports.

The Bronx resident was crossing Kennedy Boulevard eastbound when she was struck, reports said.

The driver, a 40-year-old Jersey City man, told cops that he didn't see the pedestrian due to blinding rain, reports said.

The pedestrian was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center. Her condition wasn't immediately available.

No charges were filed against the driver.

Posted on: 2013/6/3 22:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017