Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Several cars and large car carriers on Coles between 16th and 17th back in Nov.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jo3_13 wrote:
A lot of cars were totalled by the flooding and carted away. I was talking to one tow truck driver towing a car from my block who said there were so many insurance claims, the insurance adjusters couldn't get out to inspect all the cars so they were sending tow trucks to bring them to a central location for inspection. He basically said if you filed a claim and had it towed they were going to total it.

The part I found interesting was the towing company that was towing this car on my block came out from St. Louis. I saw a lot of other tow trucks in the area with out of state plates and non-NJ area codes on their advertisements on the trucks.

Maybe all the JC towing companies were too busy towing people from the Shop-Rite parking lot.

My car was a new Infiniti it was totalled by Sandy the ins co declared it a total loss over the phone.
The towing co was recruited from Missouri to help out in the removal of all the cars. The towing operators told me there were 49,000 cars destroyed in northern NJ.

Posted on: 2012/12/20 18:25

Re: Several cars and large car carriers on Coles between 16th and 17th back in Nov.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/6 21:33
Group:
Banned
A lot of cars were totalled by the flooding and carted away. I was talking to one tow truck driver towing a car from my block who said there were so many insurance claims, the insurance adjusters couldn't get out to inspect all the cars so they were sending tow trucks to bring them to a central location for inspection. He basically said if you filed a claim and had it towed they were going to total it.

The part I found interesting was the towing company that was towing this car on my block came out from St. Louis. I saw a lot of other tow trucks in the area with out of state plates and non-NJ area codes on their advertisements on the trucks.

Maybe all the JC towing companies were too busy towing people from the Shop-Rite parking lot.

Posted on: 2012/12/20 16:22

Several cars and large car carriers on Coles between 16th and 17th back in Nov.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/25 1:52
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know what all of those car carriers (large trucks that carry several cars) were doing on Coles St between 16th and 17th st about 4-6 weeks ago? Sorry, this query is a bit dated, but I drove by every evening and have been wondering this for a long time...Perhaps it had something to do with Sandy? Were these disabled cars from Hoboken?

Posted on: 2012/12/20 0:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017