Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: O'Dea backing Fulop for JC mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
The Heights and parts of Journal Square is the big question for Fulop and an election win. Thanks to O'Dea Fulop will reel in more votes in Journal Square. However, the Heights is the big question and represents a huge amount of JC voters.

JC Listers from the Heights please get out and tell your neighbors that Jerry's corrupt, back slapping cronyism is finished!

Like O'dea said, ?Councilman Fulop is the embodiment of a new generation of young, energetic leaders that Jersey City needs to reach our full potential,?

Posted on: 2012/11/30 12:39

O'Dea backing Fulop for JC mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
O'Dea backing Fulop for JC mayor
By Politicker Staff | November 29th, 2012

Another day, another political endorsement for Jersey City mayoral candidate Steve Fulop.

Citing the need for change in City Hall, Hudson County Freeholder William O?Dea today endorsed the downtown councilman in the non-partisan May election.

?Councilman Fulop is the embodiment of a new generation of young, energetic leaders that Jersey City needs to reach our full potential,? said O?Dea, who represents Jersey City?s West Side and parts of Greenville and Journal Square on the Freeholder Board.

?Councilman Fulop believes that all elected and appointed government officials need to be held accountable. Through his years on the City Council, he has demonstrated time and time again that he is not afraid to ask the tough questions that lead to solutions facing his constituents in Ward E,? O?Dea said. ?I know he will use those skills to benefit the entire city when he is elected mayor.?

O?Dea said Fulop understands that there are two waterfronts in Jersey City with many neighborhoods in between that need attention.

?He understands the need to create incentives to develop communities throughout the city, not just along the Hudson River waterfront,? O?Dea said. ?He realizes that more resources and energy need to be put into neighborhood revitalization. We need to bring balanced development throughout the city, improving all neighborhoods and creating job opportunity for all residents.?

O?Dea said Fulop has the energy to organize and motivate people to accomplish a mission. The freeholder said he witnessed Fulop?s energy during the recent crisis following Hurricane Sandy.

?With much of his ward devastated by flooding, the councilman diligently saw to it that his constituents were informed and had access to government relief,? O?Dea said. ?Councilman Fulop has shown a willingness to use technology to keep his constituents informed, whether through email, social media or the internet. He also sent volunteers into effected parts of his ward to reach out to residents who lacked access to the technology after the storm.?

Fulop said O?Dea?s endorsement is significant from a personal, governmental and political perspective.

?I am proud to have Freeholder William O?Dea in my corner,? Fulop said. ?This is personally significant because Bill is a born and raised resident of Jersey City. He is as tough as they come and his confidence in my abilities means more than I can convey. From a government standpoint, there has been no bigger advocate for the West Side of Jersey City for the last 20 years than Freeholder Bill O?Dea. Politically, it is no secret that his political organization and volunteers are the strongest in this community, winning year after year.?

Earlier this week, Fulop was endorsed by Bishop Reginald T. Jackson, one of the most prominent African-American religious leaders in the state, along with more than a dozen Jersey City clergy. Fulop has also been endorsed for mayor by U.S. Rep. Donald Payne Jr., a Democrat whose district extends into portions of Jersey City.

Read more at http://www.politickernj.com/61310/ode ... op-jc-mayor#ixzz2Dg26ClAh
or sign up for a free trial of State Street Wire at http://www.politickernj.com/freetrial

Posted on: 2012/11/30 4:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017