Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: United Water
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
United Water customers in Bayonne, Hoboken, Jersey City, and Kearny are being warned by the utility company to be aware of phone scams by individuals pretending to be company employees.
Individuals pretending to request charitable contributions on behalf of United Water or a customer receiving a call requesting payment for an overdue bill, are among the scams crooks are using, United Water officials said.

?A few customers have advised us that they received questionable calls,? said Jim Glozzy, the water company?s general manager and vice president.

?Our representatives do not make personal phone calls to request payment. We do make automated reminder calls. However, if a customer receives a phone call from an individual requesting payment, he should hang up and advise both our customer service center at (800) 422-5987, as well as the local police department.?

Glozzy said customers should closely examine the identification of any person claiming to be from the water company, including their uniforms and ID badges with the company name and logo.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
They seem to be quick with the shut-off notices though.

Posted on: 2012/3/2 19:56
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/6 11:43
From Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

istabraq wrote:
Do they ever answer the phone???????

I received a shut-off notice yesterday claiming a bill that I paid via online banking 3 weeks ago, same as I have been doing for 6 years at this address, was never paid.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Or any good ideas about how to get a person on the phone?

I've called several times today and can't seem to get anyone to pick up - just keeps recycling the same annoying hold message over and over - I think I'll be reciting it in my sleep. . .

Had a similar experience, ended up sending an email to customer service, look on the bill its listed there. Sent scanned images of my proof. (cancelled check in my case)
They never confirmed the emails, so I keps sending them every day for a week, marking them, first notice, second notice, etc etc, finally got a response that they are working on it. It took about 6 days.

Posted on: 2012/3/2 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I just purchased my home and had to get a hold of them to transfer service. It took 3 days before anyone would answer, but they finally did. its a pain in the a&&, they do not have the best customer service but eventually will answer.

Posted on: 2012/3/2 18:46

United Water
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/4 17:41
From Lincoln Park/McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Do they ever answer the phone???????

I received a shut-off notice yesterday claiming a bill that I paid via online banking 3 weeks ago, same as I have been doing for 6 years at this address, was never paid.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Or any good ideas about how to get a person on the phone?

I've called several times today and can't seem to get anyone to pick up - just keeps recycling the same annoying hold message over and over - I think I'll be reciting it in my sleep. . .

Posted on: 2012/3/2 18:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017